SensitiveSoul

Supermarkets - my worst nightmare!!!

You can select the option to avoid closest alternative in some supermarkets. i was given a blue bagged item from Sainsburys and told by the driver 'this item needs to be used today would you like a refund or to keep the item'. After checking with the householder we decided to keep the item.

What about town markets? They tend to be open air and have smaller stalls. There is quite a bit of social interaction going on though so can be a bit much, but you get used to the stall holder and I've had some bargains. i can buy eggs, bacon, most veg, most fish for a week for under a £10! bargin!

I don't need to worry for a while, I'm still banned by my housemate after the last time I went to a supermarket...

The thing that gets me is that I just don't like the standards of some of the people who select and pack the goods - when I do go to the supermarket, I make sure I get what I want and it aint crushed, dented, something else, a different weigh, any fruit I pick is how I like it and I make sure that for the things where use by dates are important, that the dates are appropriate - so many things that you can only really do to a decent standard in person.

Markets are a good alternative when they are nearby - there isn't one near me and I don't like the bustle and noise - but you are right, if you get so that some of the stallholders know you, they do knock a bit of cash off, or throw something extra in :)

The thing that gets me is that I just don't like the standards of some of the people who select and pack the goods - when I do go to the supermarket, I make sure I get what I want and it aint crushed, dented, something else, a different weigh, any fruit I pick is how I like it and I make sure that for the things where use by dates are important, that the dates are appropriate - so many things that you can only really do to a decent standard in person.

I'm exactly the same with wanting to make sure I get decent products, and that's exactly what puts me off online shopping. I guess there's an element of control to it. I hate the idea of somebody else choosing my food for me because I can't control the dates on stuff, what condition it's in etc.