JeanneA

"From Anxiety to Meldown" - I would highly recommend this book

Hi I would just like to draw everyones attention to a brilliant book which I am currently reading called:- "From Anxiety to Meltdown" written by Deborah Lipsky, who herself is autistic. Please get a copy of this book I would highly recommend it. :notworthy:

Funnily enough I almost started a topic about meltdowns yesterday... and whether it's possible to recognise and take action to avoid them... is that what the book is about in any way?

I forever fail to understand this world and the people in it

Me too !

I keep thinking I should change it and then I change my mind again cuz a load of stuff happens...

What it should say is- I think I understand things and then a whole load of stuff happens to make me think I will never understand things...

I think I'll leave it as it is for a while longer :)

Hi yes it is about meltdowns an tantrums - the difference between them and how to try to avoid them. It is a very interesting read I would recommend the book to anyone.

Hi SP yes I can understand that your meltdowns can be do being very overwhelmed and of course sensory problems is another one.