Sign in to follow this  
Noskcaj86

FINALLY we got listened to today!

We went to see my 4 yr old sons Paediatrician today, showed him the short recordings we made of him "stimming" and gave him a list of his behaviours along with explaining what hes like.

He wants him to have a more detailed assessment done ASAP and said that it sounds like ASD.

I cant belive its taken us over 2 years to get to this stage!

Anyway we are being refered on to a new paed as were moving area which might delay things a bit but our current paed will be passing on all the info and suggesting to new paed that a detailed assessment is done ASAP.

Feels good that were finally getting heard instead of laughed at!

Pleased for you both as early it is done assessment better the outcome for future support/ help keep fighting them challenges/ battles together glad you being listened too and stood up for your son be his voice in his corner fight for what he needs right now which is diagnosis and all pointing in right direction hope carries on that way for you all! Good luck all the best! Positive news to hear! And good decision to dhow physical evidence! Clever ! :)

Well done, I know it seems like a long wait, it was the same for me so I do remember what it was like. The trouble is that when a child is very young, it is a lot harder to pin down an ASD and a lot of professionals like to wait and see until the child is a bit older when signs can be more obvious, which is very hard on the parents.

Glad that things are being taken seriously now.

Good luck.

~ Mel ~

Just don't back off - keep pushing the medical profession.

I had someone trying to help me out and they even wrote to my GP who just decided to ignore it.

I ended up bypassing the GP as they were continually ignoring communication and I am not getting treatment