Sign in to follow this  
KarenT

Fab teacher

I've always known James' class teachers were fabulous but yesterday one of them really excelled herself. I'd just returned James at playtime from his first appointment with the cranial osteopath and the teacher asked me how things were going and what help we were now looking at. She commented on how much better I seemed to be coping now that I had possibilities to look into, and we talked about how none of my contacts had come from the professionals involved in James' assessment but were the result of phone calls and research I'd done myself. She then asked me if I would mind putting together a list of all the resources I'd found so that if in the future she had another child in her class with a similar dx she could pass it on to their parents. Now how fab is that? It makes such a change from what I read on here to find a teacher who is not only willing to take a chld's problems on board, but to go that extra mile and plan for other children and their parents is just wonderful in my book. Give that woman a gold star.

Karen

x

:) Thats lovely we all need positive news. My son,s current Teacher was fresh from her degree last year so she could have been in at the deep end with my son, but it has been a great year and he has remained happy and settled (there have been probs but nothing requiring a physch).So I,m trying to think of a really nice pressie for her ......any suggestions?