Isobel

Just wondering about this lovely guy on x factor

I was thinking the same also about the Essex guy as well.

my mum spotted this when she first saw him she pointed it out to me that he didn't do hugging ( physical affection/contact) and way he presented himself way he talked etc

XKLX

he had monotone voice my mum wonders if he has 'savant syndrome' rather than AS reminded my mum of the film rain man i really felt for him with his anxiety bless him! i surprised more people haven't commented on this!!! :) i wouldn't be surprised if someone has approached this with him???

XKLX

According to wikipedia, savant syndrome is related to autistic spectrum disorders so its probably a bit of both.

I felt exactly the same when I first saw him I thought of aspergers straight away or if not something on similar lines. I hope he will be ok with the live shows, he seems such a lovely guy.

All I Know is, everytime I watch his original audition it makes me cry. This guy is special and I hope they don't try to hammer this undifined shaped peg into an NT round hole.

Edited by Prud

Hi guys,

I've only seen this guy perform once, can't remember feeling there was something differnet about him but I wish him all the luck in the work for taking such a big and courageous step in front of millions of people, Good on him:)!....It empowers me and give me hope for my sons future to see people like him push passed their limitations to succeed out there...His mum must be really proud!

Edited by karmadestiny

He got praised highly last night, good on him. Just did a google search on him, his overbearing dad has been in prison and his mum is a domestic abuse survivor. Also they live where I used to study.

"“Our struggles are what make us stronger and I hope I can become an inspiration to those still suffering.

“I’m still here and happy. Don’t let anyone take your happiness.”

He advised: “Only you know what’s best for you and your family but speak out and reach out.”

Edited by trekster

Hi trekster thanks for finding that out. I do feel for the guy what he must have gone through whilst growing up.

I've found implications that Jahmene is Aspergers on a fan page, either way he is a really talented singer.

im posting my support for him on there and he has written daily inspirational posts, just the tonic that is needed

on a really bad day.

Both James and Jahmene are in the final of X factor. :-) i hope either of them win but especially Jahmene he inspires me.

being as autism is a hidden disability its hard to say. mine was singing in the boys choir last night and he presented the next act with a little nervous in parts but carried on and you would not know if you saw him he is ASD and thats how it should be.