Sign in to follow this  
witsend

son been horrid to me tonight

Hi again, just thought I'd have a good old rant whilst I'm online and actually have a bit of peace and quiet in which to do so! :lol: Son was horrible to me tonight and I'm still feeling p***** off about it! Here's the scenario: picked youngest son up from nursery after work to be regaled with tales of severe naughtiness from knackered nursery nurse youngest son has lead them a merry dance all day and have to say there were a few worryingly familiar 'symptoms' in the tale told, I'm trying to be sympathetic to nursery nurse whilst trying to keep a straight face at naughty young son (who is delighted with all the attention his behaviours warranted) and keeeping a weather eye on older son who is (again) causing glorious mayhem amongst assorted toddlers at nursery (young children adore him God knows why!) whilst half seething inside 'cos Id recently tried to make appt with nursery to talk about younger sons behaviour and had got nowhere. Anyway got home fed dog, fed self and kids tried to watch BBLB (I know sad) before they commandeer TV for Simpsons and storymakers but couldn't hear a word due to them either laughing hysterically or fighting horribly! Went to wash up to be interrupted by shouts and screams - younger son spilt milk and throwing it at older son, older son hitting younger son over head and shouting 'stupid boy' at top of voice - sooo - picked younger son up and put him on settee whilst telling him off about to tell off older son when he turned on me ! Started on a right rant about how horrible I am to little son and shouting loud enough for neighbours to call social services 'you shoudn't be so horrible to him you could kill him doing that!!' (Thank God neighbours in Egypt! :lol: ) Anyway not as funny as it may sound cos then older son went into massive meltdown acting as if I'm attila the hun - I'm usually really nice to them both honest! Don't know where it all came from but it did really upset me :crying: Eventually calmed it all down and now both sons peacefully sleeping whilst I'm stressing and filling out imposible DLA forms :wallbash: Oh well tomorrows another day!! :tearful:

Am with you on this, but in reverse order. 5yr old has dx asd but 9 yr old is undx as. I get it from all directions, the main gist is I'm not fair !!

We have all the windows open and I'm sure the neighbours must think what the heck is going on in that house. In addition I have 12 yr old daughter who is taking stroppiness to it's limits. To outsiders we must seem like the family from hell. In reality, our kids are nothing in comparison to some of the 'NT' kids on our st. This thought is what keeps me sane. I know they are loved, loads ! Chin up

Huge sympathies. I'm not fair either - in James' world 'not fair' means not doing exactly what he wants, the way he wants it and when he wants it. Take Saturday afternoon - we took him down to the park with his football, bought ice creams and let him go on the bouncy castle and slide, walked back through to the maze where he likes to a play a Harry Potter-related football game, then it all went horribly wrong when we met some of his friends from school who played with him briefly then went on their way. James was really upset that they wouldn't stay, so started kicking and punching us out of frustration. We said we'd play with him instead but he must stop hurting us first, but obviously he was so cross that he didn't. So we said we wouldn't play with him while he was doing that and started walking off towards the car park, always with the promise that if he calmed down and stopped hitting us by the time we got to the last green we'd play football with him there. He just went on and on and on (and all the while screaming about how cruel and unfair we were being, of course), and when we got back to the car he sat in the back kicking dh as he drove us home and reaching forward to nip my arms and shoulders all...the...way... home.

Then once indoors it took twenty minutes of calming down and talking through the situation before he finally settled. But he still wouldn't talk to Dad because, in James' head, my talking him through it was really making up for how horrible I'd been to him and as Dad hadn't done the same, he was still in the bad books. He couldn't see all the nice-parent things we'd done with him before the incident that upset him, and obviously it was All Our Fault.

Thank God we don't have any others. I'm in awe of any parents of AS/ASD children who have other kids as well. Don't know how you do it.

Karen

x

The joys of family life,eh?

My 7 year old and my 14 year old come to blows quite a lot;there is a lot of goading of 7yo by 14yo,then 10yo backs 14yo (because they are so close) and things escalate.

Also,the 7yo knows that he doesn't manage to relate to his siblings as well as the others ,aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I'm awaiting both Child and family therapy and respite now because the situation has got so bad.You have my extreme sympathy.

How about starting a Downtrodden Parents Club?!xx