OzKazz

Moving to UK for Aspergers education

Hi

Moving from Australia for 10 yo education support. Have letter of offer from ASP school in Sth England. Have another son so looking for areas with good schools, communities etc. Would love to know of mainstream or independent schools which can support kids with multiple ASDs. Not committed to any one area as ASP school is boarding. Have a solicitor for tribunal process which seems very scary. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, if you try googling 'Autism + schools :UK' that should bring up some ideas of which

schools to try.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. It's a bit overwhelming just how much support you have in the UK compared to how little we have in Aus. From reading some of the posts on other forums I get that its not without its problems, however the basic support that seems available in the UK we have been fighting for unsuccessfully over the past 6 years and now have our son home schooled with an admission from our state education that they can't support him in mainstream and he's not impaired enough to qualify for special needs classes or schools.

Kilimanjaro - we are looking at Devizes or around that area. I love cros stitching and my whole family are Liverpool fanatics. We recently went to Anfield and the support they provided to my ASP son couldn't have been better - he even got his own personal bodyguard!

Hello

I think you meant to address me? I'm trekster, the locations are the confusing ways of working out how many posts someone has done.

There are a few schools in Frome but that's more Somerset way.