Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Why! WHY! WHY!

Was that darn word ever invented!! That is all that comes out of my 6y/o son's mouth is CONSTANT 'Why' questions!!!!

Anyone else with me on this one??? It seems he missed it at 2yrs old and now it's come with a vengance and will not leave! LOL

Sorry to have to tell you this but my son is 8 and is still asking 'why?' all of the time. I posted this in the 'What are you listening to right now' thread. I said my son saying 'But why?' :wallbash:

I know it's wrong but after an hour or two of being asked why all of the time I am ready to explode. :angry:

Carole

Sorry to have to tell you this but my son is 8 and is still asking 'why?' all of the time. I posted this in the 'What are you listening to right now' thread. I said my son saying 'But why?'  :wallbash:

I know it's wrong but after an hour or two of being asked why all of the time I am ready to explode. :angry:

Carole

Umm, I'm soooo with you on that one! I know it's worng too when I say I could just scream and basically yell at him to shut up! I know!! But like you, my head is about to explode and I have to let of steam too! LOL

Needless to say though, it doesn't have any impact on him and he's soon asking another Why question in a matter of seconds! Arhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tylers-mum

My NT son does this the most, he will ask everyone (inc complete strangers) 'What you doing ?' then after they answer it is constant 'WHY WHY WHY WHY'

I don't think its wrong to be annoyed at them repeating themselves all the time, but I try to ignore it as I suppose its just his way of finding things out.

I'm fine with 'why'... when I know the answer!!

But more frequently I get asked 'why' questions which deserve a response but I just don't know the answer to. The latest was - 'Why do I have nipples if I'm never going to have boobs?' or another was 'why do you always say 'mmm' when you're not really listening to me?'.... :oops:

Lauren

Matthew asked the nipple question only yesterday - ironic.

I think Matthew asks so many 'why's' because he fails to understand the answer, so he asks again and again in the hope that I give and answer he can understand. He does not do 'I do not know!' A do not know answer can result in a melt down :(

Carole