smileyK

still feelin rough - blurry vision dizzy?

a few weeks ago now posted about experiencing blurred vision,dizziness to point feelin physically weak /drained and faint feel so tired wiped out worn our hoping would pass as dont want bother the docs so debating and also seem need a wee in night is this norm or do think needs investigatin more also further? should i mention something when next have an appointment? Diabetes does run on my mums side of the fam my mums great aunt had it and so did my mums nan so could be a chance possibility?

if not what else could be wrong? Fibro i read up? dont if ask for urine test had glucose levels checked few mnths back came back norm fine so confusin after eating seem ease it bit help decrease!

a few weeks ago now posted about experiencing blurred vision,dizziness to point feelin physically weak /drained and faint feel so tired wiped out worn our hoping would pass as dont want bother the docs so debating and also seem need a wee in night is this norm or do think needs investigatin more also further? should i mention something when next have an appointment? Diabetes does run on my mums side of the fam my mums great aunt had it and so did my mums nan so could be a chance possibility?

Write down everything on a sheet of paper, and make an appointment at the earliest opportunity to see a doctor.

Don't worry if you write too much stuff, the more information the better and yes if there is diseases in the family, write them down too

And take it and present to your doctor who will read it, draw his conclusions and ask further questions if necessary and you will have your answer.

But perhaps you are like me, you will search around everything to find the cause before going anywhere near a doctor, it's worth going and it will ease your mind. But to strike whilst the iron's hot get the earliest appointment and it does not matter if it is not your own GP. As if you go for your own GP, you might find like me it is 18 days before you can see your own GP, which is too long a time to wait.

I feel like that when I don't eat enough and then exercise too hard (which in my state of fitness is walking at the moment) on Wednesday I nearly blacked out in the kitchen because I misjudged the timing of tea time - I had to shout my housemate to finish tea off because I couldn't physically stand up, I just slumped on the stairs and had to resort to drinking a high sugar drink to boost myself as I felt so rubbish I couldn't face eating at that moment.

This was actually a bit of a shock to me because although I am and have been concerned about my food intake for some time now, I haven't had the severity of this feeling for a while - I've felt weak and dizzy and tired, but not to the point of almost blacking out - I guess that with a change in my routine, and the food I put in to my body relating to the energy used, it just fell too far into negative numbers.

Could this be a possible cause for your symptoms Smiley?

I don't eat enough I know that, currently a loaf of cheap bread (47p) from Lidl's over the space of two day with a coleslaw filling (£1), it does for my level of exercise staying in my flat most of the time as I don't have an appetite and so I suffer blackouts and I know why, I am not eating enough, but that is the way it is and cheap too as I have to minimise costs.

But I have always suffered blackouts even when I lived with someone who ensured I was eating enough, dizzy spells and that feeling of having to fight to maintain vision to stop myself blacking out was common and my job used to involve erecting aluminium scaffold towers and materials elevators up the side of buildings, then I just took it as part of me being skinny as a rake with low blood pressure, the kind of low doctors tell me in Germany I would be medicated to bring the pressure up to a safer level, I wish that was the case here as perhaps I would not suffer freezing extremities in winter with the loss of function that brings, I need my hands for my work.

But now I am learning, I understand low blood pressure can be as bad as high blood pressure, I found that out via the Swedish part of the family where features a lot of medical professionals and now the new diagnosis brings possible conditions known particular too, with which someone may actually listen to me for once, mind they did to get the new diagnosis, but that was a first, but I have always had a lot of faith in Asian doctors, but then I did the diagnostic work, all I needed was the karyotype test to confirm what I knew to be the case.

But I have tests coming up and I know through them my GP might get an insight into what's up and where it will be 'eat more', my answer will be, on benefits are you kidding, a proper diet costs money I cannot afford through not having a job and things are not going to change until I get a job, unless they wish me to go into debt with all the hassle that brings, for I have been there before and had to fend of bailiffs and deal with threats from everyone on my own and it is not nice I can tell you that and those times seem to coincide with my big S thoughts and so to avoid the big S I avoid debt.

But I guess what I experience living what can be a miserable life, I know I am not alone, just a representative of so many in this so called first world country where everyone is after your money and provide less and less in exchange.

Of course I have considered the possibility of diabetes, I have always wondered that, but again I could be mild on that as I am with everything else hence why it has not been discovered and that although the best place is also the worst in that mild goes unnoticed and uncared for in every case including as many know AS.

But now, I am not as self destructive as I used to be not for most of the time anyway and so after so many years I might at last actually get somewhere.

As my recent walk today illustrated (I got back and felt like hell) it is also important to eat the right things too, I can't eat much but I feel better if I eat the right things for what I'm trying to do.

My own blood pressure, when I have it checked (which isn't very often but possibly once every couple of years) has been normal, but it could be a factor for some people.

You are right though Sa Skimrande, food costs money, more and more as each year goes on it seems - I find it difficult with my eating problems because I don't want to buy stuff in and then not be able to eat it and watch it rot away (talking about perishable stuff here) and the supermarket is too far away to just nip there if I want something to eat at that moment as its a 30 minute walk away and if I have no energy there's no way in hell I can walk there to get something to eat for the moment - but at the same time the closest shop is a lot closer but stuff there costs the earth because they have no competition and can charge what they wish and they don't stock much.

Plus my priorities are skewed anyway because I'll spend 4 quid on a pouch of tobacco rather than on food - and seeing as smoking can suppress appetite and I don't do a massive amount of exercise I guess it doesn't help improve matters - it probably just does its part to reinforce the negative cycle I'm stuck in.

Edited by darkshine

Plus my priorities are skewed anyway because I'll spend 4 quid on a pouch of tobacco rather than on food - and seeing as smoking can suppress appetite and I don't do a massive amount of exercise I guess it doesn't help improve matters - it probably just does its part to reinforce the negative cycle I'm stuck in.

Exactly the same as me, but an experiment earlier this year, aided by Champix I quit for 12 weeks and in that time I spent more on food and was eating properly, but I went back on the tobacco, why, because £4 a day on tobacco worked out cheaper than buying the right food, where eating the right food, I was in debt again and so the anxiety was going so mental and I was lashing out in all directions, but whilst I was upsetting others, I was self destructing again, so the only answer, back on the tobacco.

My food shopping bill for the week is £6 on tobacco, off, I was spending £50 -£60 a week, buying to eat a balanced meal with as little processed food as possible, but on tobacco, circa £24 a week tobacco and food at £6, I can manage and stay out of debt and that is the most important thing for me to stave off the extremes of what anxiety brings.

But, food, I only get tins or dried food now, stuff that doesn't go off quickly.

But food supplies, I have over two months worth of food in, and alternative sources of cooking, why, because my flat being all electric, I lost all electricity for a week, in which time the fridge freezer defrosted flooding a laminate floor that buckled and I lost the food out of the fridge and freezer as defrosted how fast that stuff decays, it's scary.

I also have several tins of powdered milk and powdered eggs, as yes, I can become a little bit sensitive sometimes and with bills rising the point could come very easily where I will not afford to pay the electricity or be able to buy food, so I stock up when I can with non perishables.

And have two gallons of paraffin under my sink for a paraffin pressure cooker that will use half a pint of fuel in two days, so am sorted if the electricity fails.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

Yeah Smiley, like a car - you have to put the petrol in to make it go - if you don't put the petrol in it loses power and stutters to a stop, which isn't good if you want to take it on the motorway or up a hill. A bit like certain you or me doing different exercises and stuff.

I personally think its the most likely thing to cause your symptoms, although you are well within your rights to get a health check if you feel it would put your mind at ease.

Sa Skimrande, I reckon your experience of quitting smoking is pretty interesting as the difference in your life was big, when I quit for a few weeks I didn't notice that big a difference, but I did have the same issues with stress and stuff.

I can understand why you prep in such ways, it makes sense to have alternative ways to cook if the electricity should go off again.

The annoying thing for me is I can afford more types of food but I can't eat it - tonight I've been to hell and back for the last few hours because I couldn't eat tea and I just lost the plot - and I childishly want to "wish" the problem away but I can't, its going to take work and I think that applies to all 3 of us who have replied here - we need to work on the food stuff in different ways I think, but some of the reasons for doing so are the same, for energy and health and stuff like that.

I got endocrine tests and blood pressure stuff this week as from my research I understand my depression the meds do little about could very well biologically caused not mental and it would explain why the meds even on high doses do sod all apart from make me sleep a lot, which is not a life. Genetically XXY you see, that is the key and all the co morbid conditions associated with it where a few conditions including diabetes mellitus, I have symptoms of, so now is the time to force the medical professions to actually do their job, as I will not be fobbed off as I have been in the past, it is too late for that and I am angry with a certain doctor who had the reason in front of them but failed to connect the results to something major and so since 1998 I have been like I am now when I could have been a whole lot more with the correct balance of hormones. As it is my seething anger over this doctor, I will be finding out how I can inform him of his medical incompetence in allowing me 14 years of hell where the desire to destroy myself is ever present. I know for one thing, correct hormone balance as in testosterone for a male creates appetite whereas I haven't got an appetite, I eat when I get to that point of starvation, where I will eat anything just to stop the feeling, hardly healthy, but it is the way I am.

Sa Skimrande, I am glad you have your results, and I understand that you are angry but once you have worked through your anger it is best not to mourn lost years, I know I am younger than you but I have wasted so much time mourning lost years for one reason or another, and yes a big part of that is because if I was given the help I so desperately needed when I was a kid, or at the very least by age 19 when I had a breakdown, then there is the possibility that things could have been very different - but I can mourn them no longer, I still have some element of regret and anger, but it doesn't rule me now.

I feel the same about food, but I don't think its hormonal in my instance (I don't know that for sure) but I too seem to have to get to the point of feeling ill before I have an appetite, and this was the case for a long time - unless I stopped smoking, got drunk, smoked cannabis, or took speed - but recently I find that sometimes I get hungry after a long walk without having to deplete everything - although I get it wrong sometimes as illustrated by what I said the other day here.

Hopefully if you get the hormones more balanced it could help many areas of your life, just remember that depression, whatever the cause, can breed a lot of bad habits that are hard to break, especially the self-preservation ones.

Best

Darkshine

Edited by darkshine