Sign in to follow this  
Noskcaj86

IEP

How long should it take to get a copy of my sons IEP? Ive asked for a copy on 3 seperate occasions since it was drawn up. I have been told whats on it, but not seen it ever. I had to make the appointment to see senco myself as she wasnt going to bother seeing me, she sent a form home for me to sign saying "we wish to add your child to the schools SEN register, please sign this form" and that was the only information we were given. So i made the appt with senco to find out what exactly was happening. Do they expect me to be able to read there minds or something?? This school is already annoying me!

You should be invited to a meeting for the IEP,not just be given a copy. When they draw it up they should go through it with you,you can then add what you think is relevant before they make the final copy. It should be reviewed about half way through the school year,again you should then be invited back to the school,sometimes nothing changes on it so it may just be a case of signing.

You have signed for consent for an IEP but not signed the IEP itself that means it technically is invalid. Make sure when you do have it,it will have goals for school and how you can help at home.

I have been given a copy today, it seems my e-mail this morning got them moving! I signed 2 copies, 1 for school fines and 1 for home. Not totally understanding it though... it says teaching arrangements: Cam AAA / SEN stage: SA???

Not sure about Cam AAA but SEN stage SA is school action,when he moves onto SA+ (school action plus) they will then start talking about statementing.

You need to get a copy of the SEN Code of Practice. You can download it from the top of this education forum under educational publications, or get in touch with your local authorities Parent Partnership department and ask them for a copy of it.

That gives you all the detail about the different stages of SEN, what is a SEN, what is an IEP, the statementing process etc.

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/20382-special-educational-needs-publications/

Edited by Sally44

I just went on google translate as we wondered if Cam AAA may be SEN stage, it translated as Step SEN so i think thats all it means lol so confusing having it all in welsh and english! Is SA the first stage? and SA+ second stage then? So much jargon to learn!! Thanx