ash1990

1 step forward 3 back :(

If he is not yet 2 then he doesn't need to be talking in sentences yet. At 2 years of age as long as they are starting to put 2 words together like "all done" etc then they are in line with the developmental profile. That said that doesn't mean there is not a problem with your son and professionals should head a mothers instincts not dismiss concerns without proper investigation, Try going to your GP and asking for a referal from them.

The knowing 50 words and naming 5 body parts is not something they should be doing by their 2nd birthday so don't panic, they should be developing those skills within the following 6-12 months so they are in place by the next phase.

Good Luck.

Edited by dekra

Oh and Jack does a lot of stimming, which is a big difference between him and my other 3 boys! Jack at 18 months sat in his cot and rocked back and forth for an hour or 2 at a time perfectly happily... I didnt really think anything much of it at the time cos he was my 2nd and there had been a 5 year age gap so didnt really remember what having a baby of that age was like! I should have realised sooner that it wasnt normal behaviour. None of my other boys have done this rocking or hand flapping or anything like Jack does. The red flaggs where there but i didnt really pick up on them until the speech therapist started to tell me it wasnt normal development, maybe i was in denial. So well done to you for noticing with your son so early and for trying so hard to get him the help he needs :)