Sa Skimrande

Indigo and Crystal Children ~ The Spiritual Side of Autism

The spiritual side of Autism

And from the Skeptics Dictionary

It is up to you what you believe, but there could be a better way of seeing than there is.

But of spirituality of those of us here that care to comment, what do you feel ?

Me, it took a long time to work this one out, nearly half my life, but I do believe in God, but not God as any established religion describes it and can only say what I believe is the result of questioning every belief that interested me right from Roman Catholicism where I was cleansed of original sin, through Christianity, fluffy white light Paganism, Traditional Witchcraft, Dark Paganism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism and Hindu belief, where I realised they were all interpretations of the same thing and what the beliefs are, are in fact tools to enable better understanding, but they are also something else, they are bog, a mire that can trap the unwary and I will not be trapped as what is in trapped is thought control in order to belong.

So logic and reasoning versus emotion and feeling, the war I have described before and it is a war but a healthy war and I am glad of it because it gives me one thing I desire the most ; balance.

Hi Skimrande,

Thank you for the link on The Indigo children though its pretty basic...I did expect alittle bit more...but I do see how special our children are...they can be extremely challenging but again through their challenges they are giving us the parents and adults opportunities to learn how not to fall into a life of controlled living...As children we the 'normal' people are conditioned to behave in a certain way, remaining within the correct framework of existence, where as these children break all those set of rules in to oblivion:)...creating a much more freer and much more creative way of living...And again I do agree with the fact that children or adults with ASD are alot more sensitive to the energies around them...Its important we realise the intensity of their emotions is usually linked to what is happening around them or within the house...negative emotions can really send them over the edge...As parents we need to learn to recognise what makes them play up or upset...If we can learnto work with our children our own live would be more peaceful and loving...

Hi, I kept it basic for a reason, if people are interested, there is loads more out there on the web, but what I posted was as basic as I could find to give a general idea.

But I found it interesting regards the aversions kids have to various things, what are they saying really when they cannot stand the environment, do they know something adults are missing as to understand adults have been conditioning into just accepting what is, is and that's it like it or lump it where an autistic child, well this my body is a temple I can understand.

Sa Skimrande! How can I possibly fit in everything I want to say....

The other day when responding to the thread about the triggers for depression, you wrote the word `spiritual` and my heart lit up with excitement. And then, I saw this thread.....and it's taken about a day for me to feel capable of responding to you intelligently instead of just shouting: "YES! ME TOO! HURRAH! WOW! AT LAST!"

Sa, I am so emotional writing this, because i've felt alone ALL my life. When I was a child, younger than 6 even, I used to tell my parents that i'd have to leave them one day to find "People like me". I used to think I should have been the teacher, and the adults should have been my students, because I knew so much that they couldn't even see.....I used to feel like they were all asleep. But from their perspective, I was just slow and needed more help in order to become `normal`. I withdrew into my mind. I never played with other children, i only observed. I couldn't understand why people hurt eachother, because I was so sensitive that I really think i used to be able to feel other people's feelings. For much of my childhood, I thought everybody could so causing pain to one another made no sense at all. When outside, i walked along looking at the sky, which i felt was the only thing in the city that was real and alive and naturally beautiful. I noticed how so many adults never ever looked up. I would cry at the sight of a tree with it's roots imprisoned in concrete and try to pull it away with my hands. The noises of my home and city, and the schedules/agendas of adults were a constant distraction from what I was here to do. I had a mission. Only no one ever came to tell me what it was. I thought i'd be like Moses and one day come across a burning bush where the voice of God would at last tell me why I was here. I assumed this because of the visions i'd always had about the future of the earth and my part in it...but i couldn't put all the pieces together. It was horrifying to me that I was so out of place in such a foreign world with no one else like me and I didn't know why. And so began my lifelong obsession with spiritual progression and finding others like me.

I did put it all down to that, for most of my life. I thought I was special, while everyone else saw a failure. Yes I failed at living their way, but I KNEW things Sa. I knew more than I do now. I was writing novels at age 9....I was painting and drawing obsessively and teachers and students would crowd round my table to watch. I soon realised that other children would say "I hate you" when you're really good at something. I wasn't sure why....so i kept more and more of these abilities hidden. By the time I was in secondary school, I had learned what I later discovered was the ability to meditate. I lived inside my own head and rarely had true interactions with anything or anybody. It was the only way I could cope. Witnessing things such as bullying or vulgar behaviour would effect me too severely and I couldn't let these negative influences touch me. I saved all my learning for home time when I would stay in my room reading, contemplating and meditating (Although I didn't know what it was called then, or that anybody else did it too.) At the age of 11, i was in the back of my parent's car, and was hit with an overwhelming revelation, like lightning struck me. I was told that we are all the same person, living different moments of the same life...only it wasn't said, and certainly not in those words but i can't explain it in the way it was given. I was on a quest to find out why i was different and why i was here and that became my only interest. I researched a lot at the library and carefully observed the world around me, trying to make links and patterns in my mind in an attempt to understand the world. I started practicing Wicca after much research...Then after about a year, left that behind.

After leaving school I studied fine art and photography but had some truly horrific experiences in other areas of my life....which caused me to travel, I was searching for others. During this time I lived on the isles of scilly for a year, and the energy of that place had a huge impact. I had some experiences that I've tried to dismiss but my own rational mind tells me that i can't. For a quick example, one time, I saw a man washing dishes in our restaurant kitchen, dressed head to toe in smart naval uniform...straight after i walked past, he came into the bar behind me dressed in overalls. I had already just asked my workmates about it. When I asked about what i saw he looked confused and said this was his first job since leaving the navy. There's a lot more i could go into but i won't......

After travelling I came home and started my childcare course, did a lot of `normal` things, but also my obsession became deeper......it was all part of my journey. I joined a new age group...met some fairly like-minded people, but all with huge egos. I did the Reiki courses, read a lot. I studied a lot of religions. And my main interests were Doreen Virtue's books about INDIGO and crystal children, and the course in miracles. I also I believed I could find the `trigger` for healing. I obsessively read about psychoneuralimmunology, (Debbie Shapiro and Deepak Chopra) complementary therapies, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, I did a massage course, (Much of my massage course was written during meditation to the point that i wouldn't even have to read the books...i was `given` the information. I ended up living alone and not working due to illness. My only friends at that time were people from the local Buddhist centre. I was attending the centre, attending a spiritualist church, going to meditation classes, and going to Quaker meetings at that time. I became more and more absorbed by my Zazen meditations to the point where my life included very little else. Again, had some AMAZING experiences. Synchronicity....perfect flow...the taoist `Wu Way` I knew what was going to happen before it happened. The world became alive with pulsating colour and sparkle and everybody i met, every word said, was exactly as it was supposed to be. It was a different kind of reality and i'll never forget it. At one time, I disappeared in the shower....and only came back from the white light when i panicked because i realised i no longer had a body and couldn't feel myself breathing and didn't know what i was seeing with if i had no eyes! Another time, i was watching a bird fly against the wind in slow motion and In that moment understood the simplicity and stillness of the universe...Another time, I saw a girl at the spiritualist centre, who i knew i had to speak to. We locked eyes. The medium speaking at the time told us we had a link...and it was about america. The first thing i told her was that i knew Swami Larry (And my other friends in America too). She had visited the same Swami in the desert, and her friends from California were also friends of mine. But they're in a very remote part of the mid west....and even how i met them was completely by chance.....But that's a different story.

Anyway, after all of that, I was having lunch with a quaker friend one day, when a voice told me to go to the church, find an open door and walk through it. The church was just up the road, and the main entrance was closed but we found a side door. Had to climb over a load of stuff to get in. When the vicar approached me, my first words were "I'm looking for a job involving childcare." (I don't even know why). He was amazed! He was opening a children's pre-school at the church and was about to start advertising for the deputy manager's role. So i got the job. I also ended up being baptised. So many amazing things happened, that i ended up with a little following. People would follow me around just to see what was going to happen. I didn't have any responsibilities at that time, apart from God...and i lived and breathed in that light every moment. Every word and thought was in prayer. At one time, I felt the urge to help a homeless man who attended our church. It was getting late, but we went back to mine, gathered all my posessions, and took them into the local market to sell. All the stalls were closing, but there was a man hanging around who took notice and led us to his car where he bought all of my stuff. It turned out he was christian too. With me was a very intelligent Barrister, who was quite shocked. I told him God had a plan, and against all odds, we got that homeless man a bed for a few days, plus a job opportunity because the man was also looking for help with his window cleaning business. I was also told in the mornings, things to say to people that i didn't even know i would see that day. But it always worked out. Just trusted and followed God's lead. It was fascinating.

Then I left all that behind....had some more horrific experiences, the obsessions took a negative turn, conspiracy theories, chem trails, fallen angels, never went back to church, ended up believing i was mad. Got referred to the mental health team, got told i wasn't mad. Got told i had aspergers. And here i am....still looking for people like me.

Blessings to u Sa Skimarande. It sounds like i've finally found one other!

So I don't know what i believe anymore...just waiting. Now i have a husband and baby so i stay focused on that.

I listened to a radio drama today called Indigo Children. Naively, I assumed the concept was entirely fictitious!

Jaime Winstone plays Lydia, a parent who refuses to accept her daughter Ros is on the autism spectrum - even when the diagnosis is from Ros herself.

Ros is played by Lizzy Clark, an actor with Asperger's syndrome. She is the face for the campaign 'Don't Play Me Pay Me', set up to encourage disabled people to follow their own creative path.