Sign in to follow this  
Alex_a_scholar

Chat up?

I can, around people I know or with people I feel instantly comfortable with, be very charismatic, gregarious, funny. I mean I can make people raw with laughter. I can do this with girls of a certain type. The problem is, I feel that they think I am coming on to them because I'm being very personable, funny etc. But I think I am just over-compensating for perceived lack of something.

Anyway I have no way of telling whether females are just laughing and playing along with my eccentricities or whether they actually like me in a sexual way. Even if I could tell, I would not know what to do about it.

Please help. I am particularly interested in hearing from some women.

Join the club !

I have even said in the past if anyone is interested just say, because I won't notice, with me women have to be a bit more obtuse.

But when you can tell through a rare moment of perception or the less acute method the initial reaction is to run away.

Hi Alex , don,t try too hard and don,t over think your behaviour , try to relax and be yourself.Have you told any of your trusted friends of your AS?.........they maybe able to give you some clues as to how girls are around you and if they are interested in you, if you are having trouble picking these social cues up.Also alot of attraction initially is physical so if you have clean clothes, teeth and hair this will help ..........lol............I only say this as my son needs reminding to comb his hair and wash !!.........girls will always like someone who smells nice ..oh and wears trendy shoes !!!........music is a good interest to meet girls ...there are many forums aimed at bands, I,m a mahoosive Muse fan and when not on this forum I,m usually on muse.mu

Yes, my friends know. I have always been rather eccentric though so I doubt it means much to them. Hey, I went to the pub last night and everyone was saying I looked like I was on cocaine; I wasn't on cocaine, I think my eyes always look a little crazy and last night more so for some reason. Not that is bothered me, I found it quite amusing.

Looking like one might be on illegal drugs is a sad reflection of the society we live in, whereas me I have what is called the rabbit in the headlights look most of the time- eyes fully open.