smileyK

just flaming typical! not great! gr! ;(

Typical example of me going from mood state to another being up there ceiling high to flat on floor crashing come down in few hours ... Not great rang doctors they spill you want feel like good for them not for you! Gr! Then get onto CMHT as haven't rang me back when suppose to monday spoke to 'nurse' she said it between me and my doctor whether I'm stable or safe enough to take meds then she goes onto spill out autism support websites which basically useful as just looked it up its support in nottingham ,derby area and also general NAS telephone number she basically in not actual exact words told me no practical support out there for me long term if NAS decided to close their door discharge me case closed looks like same with CMHT too as no one knows what they really on about so confused they are and surprised I am and getting int anxious wreck/mess just rang NAS and other senior manager not available and they don't know when she will be so sent her an email explaining my situation/case urgent! Feel like everyone fobbing me right off! Just telling me what they think 'best' to move me on again! Now got thumping banging tension headache from worrying/stress anxiety brought it on don't know where to go who speak to next with no service REALLY wanting to know help me out?! Leave me out in cold waiting story of my life so far! Only thing keeping me pure and simple slightly sane is "my train adventure" all my dad keeps saying "get on with your life" move on! So annoys makes me feel such drain , burden on society then society wonders why we depressed,anxious and stressed out so bad and much umm. I wonder maybe because services out for them don't really want to know and completely SUCK! Now can you see why so had enough,fed up frustrated?! Sorry for the rant and raving! Looks like when become purely independent moves out on own what happens next then?! I asked nurse about assigning me my own social worker that system/services is non-existent with new one in its place with endless funding cutbacks mades it worst too! I told got pot of funding but social worker dealing with that side to my case and I been told by old care manager independent source out of county in coventry near birmingham now hell do you expect someone to travel to them all time on travel I also don't think funding now allow for travelling expenses either makes really banging head against the wall! Nothing makes clear proper sense anymore getting so bogged down in it all its unreal! I'm proper scared afraid this send me into a spin leading to another crisis situation! Got tension headache lying on bed curtains closed can't think why I may have?! Argh! Am I being unreasonable with services? I don't fit under MHT,NAS or learning diff services we really have to fight/battle fend for our selves! So running out of pure energy fight! Am truly am losing will to keep fighting/battling on going!

If you believe something you have to keep fighting or find another way, myself I have given up with the medical services and am working it out myself. My issue was largely where I fit into society and not because of ASD either, that stuff is small potatoes in comparison, but because of something linked to perpetual mood and energy shifts which cannot be quantified and so can't be treated. The result is it is down to me to work it all out if it is I want to swim instead of sink.

I know it motto " you got help yourself out of it" but where meet you half way or we'll be there non -existent in context practically so my official diagnosis is "useless tool" as no services to access out there to work with it to improve on coping/managing skills!

What kind of support EXACTLY are you looking to access Smiley? There are types of support/therapy that can be accessed through mental health services which can provide help in working on general coping skills and issues surrounding anxiety and depression. I have been referred for these myself and have found them helpful but it is fair to say that not everyone would feel that way or that they are appropriate for everyone either. A lot of the time they are not ASD specific but there can be many helpful strategies used in traditional talking therapies that can help a person deal with and face up to their ongoing issues.

Can you focus on the positive like your upcoming trip which sounds like something very good to focus on?

Same here an official diagnosi as an adult there is nothing, it is as if the diagnosi do not exist, leaving only two options; continue to suffer or work it out for oneself and seeing as I am fed up with suffering, because it achieves nothing, I am now taking the other option as no one will help me, so it is very much down to me and bearing in mind I have dreams for my future, what I would like to receive and experience I realise I solely have to work towards what I want out of life.

My experience of the 'caring ' services, is that they don't care. Maybe they would like to care, but there isn't the money.

One thing I have found that has aided me in my self improvement is to cut myself off from what much of society sees as essential in that I don't buy newspapers and magazines and I don't watch TV and so I have not got the false societal expectation thrust at me from the media who are responsible for a great many ills in society.

@ lynda lou I want regular source contact to go to for pyschology support as that's what I feel is needed to move forward not strong enough to work this out purely on my own! My train trip only thing keeping me going strong stop myself 'spiralling' into "another crisis situation! No one explains clear what my current needs offer me entitle me too In simple terms easy to grasp get head around?!

Feel like pyschology needs link/connection to my ASD though or what's point as both combine anyways make eachother grow rapidly worse fast! I now don't watch much TV buy hardly any reality magazine either to be honest!

Edited by trekster

Typical example of me going from mood state to another being up there ceiling high to flat on floor crashing come down in few hours ... Not great rang doctors they spill you want feel like good for them not for you! Gr! Then get onto CMHT as haven't rang me back when suppose to monday spoke to 'nurse' she said it between me and my doctor whether I'm stable or safe enough to take meds then she goes onto spill out autism support websites which basically useful as just looked it up its support in nottingham ,derby area and also general NAS telephone number she basically in not actual exact words told me no practical support out there for me long term if NAS decided to close their door discharge me case closed looks like same with CMHT too as no one knows what they really on about so confused they are and surprised I am and getting int anxious wreck/mess just rang NAS and other senior manager not available and they don't know when she will be so sent her an email explaining my situation/case urgent! Feel like everyone fobbing me right off! Just telling me what they think 'best' to move me on again! Now got thumping banging tension headache from worrying/stress anxiety brought it on don't know where to go who speak to next with no service REALLY wanting to know help me out?! Leave me out in cold waiting story of my life so far! Only thing keeping me pure and simple slightly sane is "my train adventure" all my dad keeps saying "get on with your life" move on! So annoys makes me feel such drain , burden on society then society wonders why we depressed,anxious and stressed out so bad and much umm. I wonder maybe because services out for them don't really want to know and completely SUCK! Now can you see why so had enough,fed up frustrated?! Sorry for the rant and raving! Looks like when become purely independent moves out on own what happens next then?! I asked nurse about assigning me my own social worker that system/services is non-existent with new one in its place with endless funding cutbacks mades it worst too! I told got pot of funding but social worker dealing with that side to my case and I been told by old care manager independent source out of county in coventry near birmingham now hell do you expect someone to travel to them all time on travel I also don't think funding now allow for travelling expenses either makes really banging head against the wall! Nothing makes clear proper sense anymore getting so bogged down in it all its unreal! I'm proper scared afraid this send me into a spin leading to another crisis situation! Got tension headache lying on bed curtains closed can't think why I may have?! Argh! Am I being unreasonable with services? I don't fit under MHT,NAS or learning diff services we really have to fight/battle fend for our selves! So running out of pure energy fight! Am truly am losing will to keep fighting/battling on going!

Just because you are not getting immediate results does not mean you are not getting help from the services you have contacted. It does take time, there are waiting lists. Once you have been referred to a psychologist you will be able to contact them via their secretary. This will take time to happen so you need to wait unfortunately.

The nurse will not be able to put you on medication, she is right in that your doctor is the one to decide that for you. She also sounded as if she did want to help but was limited in what she could do. It is frustrating, but it's not her fault.

All your stress and ranting is coming from assuming what they are going or not going to help you with. I feel you are being unreasonable by expecting everything to happen straight away for you. There has been no definite 'no's' just going by what you are describing. It has only been a couple of weeks since everything has been put in motion for you and you have been told what to do while you wait for them to come back.

Lyndalou is right that you need to focus on the positive things like your trip to go see your Aunt. Try and do something fun.

Edited by matzoball

Then separating yourself from potential sources of negativity is the first step.

Another thing that helps is to self realise in that you be honest with yourself, I did this by getting a sheet of paper and over the course of a couple of weeks add to that sheet what I like about myself, what I don't, what i am good at and what i am not and bearing in mind my moods are all over the place most of the time a long time to complete this list was the best way and I worked out a lot of good stuff which I am currently working on sorting out. But whilst I am working on this stuff I realise the mood is better mostly and what is more important is the mind is more stable.

Don't know where I going with any of these services to be quite honest as like dad says not getting anything from them... Don't believe even been referred or on waiting list of any kind! But she is MH nurse surely counts for something knowing about meds? No!? They both said shouldn't be long and that social worker should have contacted by me now also with news too!

I think I need to emotional off load properly in saf secure environment maybe down my aunties is good time! But then with my uncle leaving her may not be "right thing" to do just need deeply honestly "spill out" cry scream shout someone can hold me close!

* its not pyschologisat I'm being referred to otherwise I'd be staying under MHT she ASD counsellor looked on her website does one to one individual sessions fa

Edited by trekster

I used to work in an adult mental health team and I can vouch for the fact that waiting lists actually do exist, and things don't always happen as quickly as you, or the team, would like them to. Once you're in the system again though things should run a little more smoothly, or that's what I hope will happen for you.

I think you've been given some great advice here by everyone and it would be a shame for you not to take these things on board. I know it's a cliche, as you've already mentioned, but helping yourself really is the best start.

You get a lot of input from people on this forum and people genuinely don't want to see you 'suffer'. I'm sure that is the case of the MHT and doctors etc as well.

The nurses are right, unless they are nurse prescribers, there isn't much they can do in the way of medication and you will just have to wait and see a doctor about them - that's why doctors are paid what they are, to make such decisions. Nurses can advise doctors as to what they think might help once they have assessed you / gotten to know you, but ultimately it's generally down to the doctor to make these decisions as they are the ones that are accountable at the end of the day.

Feel like I was one them people in life born to be bad fail!

You have the power to change your life and your way of thinking Smiley. It has to come from within you... no matter who you are referred to for help.

Well how do you expect others to help you if you won't try and help yourself?

You have the power to change your life and your way of thinking Smiley. It has to come from within you... no matter who you are referred to for help.

This is true and no matter how much it might suck hearing it - you'll probably be hearing it a lot more when you do get to see a therapist/psychologist/counsellor - because I heard it from all of them, and it really is the truth. People can guide you, as they do on this forum, and as the psychologist/whoever you see will - but you have to be in the right frame of mind; ie, want to help yourself and do whatever it's going to take to get out of this dark place you're in. I know it's hard - I really do - but it's possible. It's always possible.

Have been into MIND today as used to volunteer there a few years back as part of my college course work placement I loved it there! Thrived! One of senior managers "took me under her wing" as such helped me lot! I bumped into her few months back in clothes store!popped into today told her about my current situation (crisis,mood states) she said her advice to me was self -refer to MIND assessment! I'm trying to be proactive / "fight back" to my current situation! I did explain I am temporary with mental health service and that personal budget normally covers costing of my needs MIND do overall assessment XKLX

MIND are very good, I can say that, and I have to re connect with the at some point in the next few weeks for last year before I had my last crash They were helping me with my small business aspirations and they helped me with the ATOS issue.

It sounds quite positive MIND going hand in self -referral next thursday and go from there really! I'm glad I thought of re-connecting to MIND both in volunteering position and also on personal level /basis I hope can get some luck this way! As got some high up connections (knowning both seniors there well) they can also look into bi-polar?

MIND are brilliant and people that really care, I have nothing but praise for them for how they have helped me in the past and that help won't time out or go away, not like a lot of professional 'caring' services that I have found only care because they get paid to care and then give the impression you are wasting their precious time.