Sign in to follow this  
smileyK

heart to heart -good idea?!

Do I have a heart to heart with my auntie over "my struggles" that are developing as don't know where to begin with writing a letter?!feel I can be open and honest with her!

Do I have a heart to heart with my auntie over "my struggles" that are developing as don't know where to begin with writing a letter?!feel I can be open and honest with her!

That is entirely up to you, you must go with your own feelings.

I think that is a great idea smiley hope all goes well :-)

Yeah I think you definitely need to talk with her if you feel comfortable around her. Sharing your problems and feelings with someone who will listen will help :)

Sounds a like a positive move, someone less close than your parents might be detached enough to listen and help if they can. My parents were difficult to talk to, so I avoided it, but I never thought to tell anyone else I was struggling. If you are on the spectrum then other people need to know, and hopefully you can tell your parents one day, but try with her first and see what happens. She may not understand of course, and if she doesn't then its not the end of the world, you will still be alive and know that you need to try something else. But its morely likely she may be understanding, and can help you, even if its just a listening ear. Go for it, having challenges helps you escape the autism bubble.

Talking through what is on your mind with others is really helpful. Go for it!

It not only gets things off of your chest and less stressed about them, but lets you go over what you may have already decided, and gain a new perspective, as well as another person's.

Good luck :)

Matzoball- am REALLY trying to make an EFFORT stay upbeat,think it helping because I have "this adventure" to look forward too! My auntie is just as much as me! Xxx

All keep thinking over. Planning of! Going out for meal watching TV having lots of munchies yum! So counting down the days! Next stage in showing young adult independence! I suppose proving I can show independence!even though it an "easyish task/challenge"

@ positive _about - I am already officially diagnosed with AS years now my parents and auntie know of my AS it other surrounding issues tend to drag me down more! Like mental health stuff! Sorry if confused you any! Helps me escape not only AS struggles and stresses of life but add on with that to that it comes with sometimes too much pressure! I think I'm doing everyones head in at work home constantly talking about going to my aunties! Fingers crossed it will give me "head space time" I so want and need to recharge batteries feel 'refreshed' sometimes just need time away for you! To be selfish greedy take it when chance arises!

@ positive _about - I am already officially diagnosed with AS years now my parents and auntie know of my AS it other surrounding issues tend to drag me down more! Like mental health stuff! Sorry if confused you any! Helps me escape not only AS struggles and stresses of life but add on with that to that it comes with sometimes too much pressure! I think I'm doing everyones head in at work home constantly talking about going to my aunties! Fingers crossed it will give me "head space time" I so want and need to recharge batteries feel 'refreshed' sometimes just need time away for you! To be selfish greedy take it when chance arises!

Sorry, I didn't know your situation, I just dived in assuming. Just do what you have to do, don't worry about it, or think about it too much :)

I will TRY NOT to "overthink" "dwell" on talking over my 'issues' outstanding hoping my auntie can shred new light on my situation! @ Positive _Light - its fine I guessed you 'jumped' into this topic post assuming! Lol X