Sign in to follow this  
Lightwing12Star

Project on Asperger's and Pragmatic Language Use. Help needed!

Hi all,

I am new on here. I am doing a project on Asperger's and semantic Pragmatic Disorder.This project is for a clinical linguistics module for the last year of my degree. I find Asperger's particularly interesting because my eldest brother has it and I believe I have some traits of it.

I have basically created a test which tests some pragmatic language areas.I have a few hypotheses which I am testing. I will compare the results with people without Asperger's as well. It will take around 20- 25 mins, but maybe quicker.There are 19 questions. You will of course be kept anonymous.

I hope that some of you may find the time to do it.It would really help if you could.I think I may keep the survey going for 2 -3 weeks depending on how many replies I get. Maximum probably a month. You will have to be 18 or over.If you need any more information,Just message me.If you can't answer anything, Just state that you don't know.

Also the questions are quite interesting, so its not boring lol.

Would just like to add that if you don't have Asperger's you can still do the survey but you would have to not have any other type of autism as I am just testing those with just asperger's and those without autism at all. You can have other types of disorders though as long as they don't impede too much on you giving answers.

It would also be best that you have a very high level of English. You do not have to be a native speaker but you should be able to understand English very well.

*Please read the instructions at the beginning as it explains how to indicate in your answers whether you have asperger's or not for example so that I know when i collect the data!

Finally here is the link to the survey-

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=qm41bqbz14q824x411367

This isn't fair. I am autistic not aspie btw 'aspies are on the autistic spectrum' but then u state we have to have high English sorry but I feel offended and discriminated because I accompany other disabilities

By the way this section *how severe it is e.g. Mild, Moderate or Severe ' is saying how the type of asd affects them , but mild moderate and severe are now saying different types of autism here. Contradictory

Edited by Special_talent123

Lightwing12star -

First of all welcome!

Please take this as constructive criticism from people who actually have the disability you are learning about.

I really don't think you have a proper understanding of the disability. Aspergers is a form of Autism. Also under the new definition, Aspergers has now been absorbed into the diagnosis of Autism. So it might be an idea to state that you are looking for people with a historical diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome only.

Also, you may want to look at rewording your introduction to the survey. It should use clear, unambiguous language.

It also would have been preferable if you had emailed the moderators first before posting this so we could help make sure you get the best out of us here in the forum :)