Sign in to follow this  
BelLocke

HabitRPG - App for building good habits

First of all, I want to say that I don't work for HabitRPG, but it's something I've been using over the last couple of months which has really helped me. I'm also hoping to get the hubby to use it to work on some of his bad habits as well as building good ones.

Basically, if you like games, you'll be familiar with role playing games where you play a character with health points, experience, so on and so forth. This is similar except it's what I call a "life tracker." You can use it as a to-do list, a daily reminder for the things/habits you want to get into, etc. It's really easy to set up and it can be used on a computer or your smartphone if you prefer.

Personally, I've been a disorganized mess lately, especially with all the chaos at home with my husband, and this really helps me to put all of my tasks in order, to remember what I need to do and when, while also rewarding me by playing a "game." (The laundry pile looks less like a mountain now!) I thought it might also help people in the ASD community since I know sometimes it may be hard to remember to do certain things or get into certain habits.

It also has a lively community of people from all walks of life - writers, artists, etc - and they're always nice and encouraging each other with their projects. I would definitely give it a look at least. :) If anybody needs help using it, let me know. I'm still finding my way around but I'll do my best!

Edited by BelLocke