Sign in to follow this  
Laddo

Government announces Autism Innovation Project

http://www.autism.org.uk/News-and-events/News-from-the-NAS/Autism-Innovation-Fund-projects-announced.aspx

The NAS's first scheme in the article could be useful I suppose, although they're not exactly major strides in ending discrimination against autism. The second one doesn't sound like much to get excited about. Their 'short break' services cost money and are often no different to having a short break with a normal holiday provider.

I see the government are willing to grant funding for innovations to help autistic people but they do not seem very keen on actually doing any work towards it themselves. It looks like a 'here's some money, sort it out yourself and above all, vote Conservative!' kind of thing rather than a 'we genuinely want to help' thing.

Thoughts?

if someone in government wants to "bung me a couple of mill" to do something to help autistics,

I wouldn't be too worried about their motives laddo.

one has to take every penny one can, for the greater good.

i'd take the cash, and do something with it for folks benefit :-)

& I wouldn't stream anything off for admin costs. I'd do the admin for free.

(i get fed up when funds intended for altruistic purposes, are diminished, and the money that actually hits the people who need help ends up being pretty small.)

but I do also get what you are saying laddo,

it would be nice if folks in government really cared, and really understood, and it wasn't just for political purposes.

hope one day an autistic person does get voted in.

I think people would be very surprised how well it would work, with the correct back office support.

(see numerous other threads, where we all propose that might be a good idea :-)

all the best.

Edited by dotmarsdotcom

I often reckon I could run the world very well.

I myself have no adjenda.

I myself have been through it all, seen it done it,

and realised material things have no interest to me.

i.e. I am not interested in what I can get. I am interested in how I can help.

I would give up stuff to help others/ if it worked out that was required.

I think it's just a case of, younglings haven't had it all yet, where as oldie sado's like me have.

so I get them.. and I realise they are kids.. and I will do anything I can do to help em

Edited by dotmarsdotcom

This is the same government that when the NAS put me on a list for people with autism to do a training course in IT with a well paid job at the end which was permanent(the employer actually looked for people with autism as they see them as harder workers) That cut ALL funding INSTANTLY so I ended up being unemployed since then costing them money.

This is the same government that when the NAS put me on a list for people with autism to do a training course in IT with a well paid job at the end which was permanent(the employer actually looked for people with autism as they see them as harder workers) That cut ALL funding INSTANTLY so I ended up being unemployed since then costing them money.

This is what I'm worried about. They government keep throwing money at 'solutions' to problems but they keep withdrawing funding when MPs realise that as a result of this they don't have enough money to pay their chauffeurs or pay for their £37 breakfasts.