Sign in to follow this  
felines are superior

a delux apartment in the city or a poor cabin in the woods?

a cabin in the woods or a delux apartment  

4 members have voted

1. 1. you'd prefer

• a cabin in the woods, not in the best of shape, but plenty of nature and animals
    • a delux apartment in the big, crowded city.

My dream has always been to live in the middle of wood, well away from 'civilisation' - which I don't see as being particularly civilised! It's too scary, too busy, too noisy, too unnatural and false.

Although peace and quite has its attractions, it is too lonely for me. If I could afford to live in a fully serviced apartment in London or perhaps in Ross-on-Wye, then I would do so, its not so much the people but the services, places to eat, the odd interaction with another person. And easy access to good health care.

I like people, other animals are just not interesting enough for me. I might not be very good at handling people, but I am obviously an eccentric and so that seems to compensate in some way.

I like my peace and quiet too but I couldn't live without other people around me so I'm gonna go for the luxury apartment. I may not be always that good with social interaction but I do enjoy it a lot when it's with people I have things in common with.

There's the career aspect of it, too - many more jobs in the cities than in the country. I don't think I'd cope well with not working, despite having social anxiety

Edited by Laddo

London would freak me out (years ago I lived there for a while), but Ross-on-Wye would make me happy! By saying I'd like to live in a wood away from people and the 'ugliness' of towns, doesn't mean that I'd want to avoid people and towns entirely. However, I'd be content in taking them in considerably smaller doses than I do at present. I need time for pursuing my special interests, and people too often get in the way. This may sound selfish, but exercising my mind and enjoying beauty come first for me.

With me, it's very much a spiritual thing - but not religious, I hasten to add! Materialism and money are anathema to me. It's all about simplifying my very complex life, and this idealistic dream has persistently haunted me ever since I was a child. :)

My dream has always been to live in the middle of wood, well away from 'civilisation' - which I don't see as being particularly civilised! It's too scary, too busy, too noisy, too unnatural and false.

my feelings on the matter exactly