Sign in to follow this  
smallworld

Daren't go to bed now !

Was just in the process of getting off to bed (children finally asleep at midnight again !) when I heard a noise,and then the back gate clang. It needs a special knack to open it, and I knew whoever was out there hadn't managed it. I looked out the curtains straightaway, pushchair and bike still there. Went to look out the back door, pushchair now half way up the garden ! decided I'd better wake the man of the house (not usually easy) and he comes running 'underpants man' to the rescue. No-one to be seen !

Now realise they must have been trying to escape via our back gate, thank god we've never fixed it !

Underpants man has trundled back off to bed,work tomorrow.

Am still trembling, will spend rest of the night listening for strange noises, wondering if they're coming back for dilapidated bike and pushchair. Would be lost without the big buggy, but now too scared to bring it in. Daren't wake other half again, why do I always think of sensible option too late ?!!!

wac.

Aw sweetie you must have been terrified. I would have been too.

Had to laugh at your description of underpants man though, sounds like my other half too.

Hope things look much brighter this morning. >:D<<'>

What am I like ? !!!

I hate to think how I'd react in a major crisis. Didn't get much sleep last night, was dreaming too much about burglars and kept waking up, thinking 'what's that noise?'

Need an early night tonight, think the kids will agree to it ?

wac

Waccoe, would you buy a dog? They're great companions expecially for the kids and they can bark their lungs out if there's some danger to their beloved human pack...

:thumbs:

Edited by Corcaigh

Loved underpants guy. Have you seen the childrens books Captain Underpants? My little one loves them as the hero?? is the school principal who has been hypnotised to think he's captain underpants saviour of the.... :bat:

I agree about the dog thing - ours is so good with J he's been with us since he was a pup and they've grown to tolerate each other so well :whistle:

Hope the noises don't continue and you get a good nights sleep tonight

Waccoe,you could get one of those plaque signs that say 'beware of guard dog' or beware of dog' and screw it onto somewhere obvious to strangers,no need to have a dog to do that,as the fact it's warning of a dog,might deter some thieves.

Hi Waccoe hope you will relax a bit , may be worth considering a higher fence

are you sure they were human been' where we are we had strange things happening because of foxes they can climb over fences and drag things around!!!

Take care Malika. :ninja:

I hear a creak in the night and I immediately presume it's a maniac with an axe ready to carve me up the moment I fall asleep :ph34r:

A pir spotlight and a cheap cctv camera - link them to your video and at least you won't have to go outside. Cost? About �25 for the camera (Aldi) and a tenner for the light.

aww so sorry youve been scared like that, hope all is well from now on :wub:

Thanks for all your replies,

Fence is already at maximum height but has rails on our side to give you a foot up.

had thought about camera cos we've had trouble in the past with kids throwing eggs,stones, and letting car tyres down. next time I see one in Aldi I'll buy one !

We've just had police helicopter hovering for last half hour ! I thought we lived in an ok area !!! but really, I think it's just everywhere,warm summer nights make people leave their windows open.

We are suffocating tonight, am normally fresh air freak !

I had our patio chairs and table/parasol nicked last week, it was brand new cost over a 100 quid. My garden is 'boxed in' and can ONLY be accessed via a neighbour backing onto it, and climbing over HIS low fence, guess what ? nobody seen or heard a thing. Police said no chance of recovery, and a neighbour further down had 6 TREES nicked :wacko: (Perhaps someone is starting up a garden centre somewhere :huh: