Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Camp Cancelled

ARRHH poor lad must have been so torn. He wanted to go but couldn't do it. I know how he must feel. Relieved yet upset with himself. Give him a big hug from me >:D<<'> and make him feel special, maybe you could camp in the garden with him, so he is not missing out altogether. Or just play camping indoors under the table. I don't know how old he is, he might find it a bit silly.

Like his dad said he is brave to say what he wanted.

Viper.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> ....sending big hugs but Mathew probably won,t want them....so you have them instead :lol::lol: .Jack,s been on a cub camp ,but would,nt go again :unsure: ,tried tae kwondo ..bought the uniform and everything...but won,t go....enrolled for water skills course took one look and won,t go.... swimming ..won,t go...drama ...won,t go...I really feel for them the idea sounds and seems great but the reality can be so different...Hope Mathew is o.k. that virus probably did,nt help I bet he was frightened of being ill again without you.The tent in the garden sounds a great idea B) ....Is there anywhere local a beauty spot perhaps where he could camp with his dad..then you could still get rid of him for the weekend :oops: ....Best wishes Suze x.

Well done Matthew for saying he did not want ot go....

I did the same when I was younger...Mum pay for me to go on a school trip and then I refused to go......Mum was annoyed but pleased I admit i did not want to go....my excuse....did not really like any of my classmates and was not keen on being 4 days away with them

Hi Carole

Oh poor Matthew - but well done lad.

Somehow this was building up to him not going.

There is always next year :)

Jordan is beside me at the moment telling me what to write to Matthew.

Jordan said that he has changed in front of people before and it was quite scary but he is used to it now, he says and he doesn't mind as much. He said he didn't like changing at his last school and girls could see in.

Jordan said that Matthew should hide behind a towel to take his pants and trousers off. Sorry I have just been corrected - on and off.

Off we go - we are having a Kim and Aggie day and doing housework! :crying:

Love

HelenL helped today by Jordan

oh bless him, at least he had the courage to tell you he didnt want to go, perhaps it was just too much all at once. :wub:

It's strange that you mention your son worrying about his weight because Mark is doing the same. I can't get him to see that he is gaining weight because he is still growing and not because he is getting fat. He really doesn't get the growing bit. We have problems on his birthday because he expects to have grawn a few inches to explain the 'year older' bit. I suppose I can see how hard it must be for him though, there's so much expectation around birthdays and nothing really to show for the age gain.

As for the nakedness, we have the same problem with ours. James really gets worked up about PE and the school have helped by finding him somewhere that he can change alone, it's only a store cupboard, but it's the difference between James coping and not coping. Funnily enough he used to thing nothing of wandering around the house stark naked too not too long ago. :wacko:

Oh Carole - good for you for 'rescuing' him but I know you're both probably having mixed feelings about the whole thing. My son has also previously been happy to strip off at a moments notice but more recently has become overly concerned about nakedness, to the point where he accuses me of being a paedophile (his words) when I help him get dried after a bath (which he contrarily) insists I do! :wallbash:

He is also skinny but frequantly says he is too fat and is going on a diet (not an idea forwarded by me I assure you) And he also questions the purpose of nipples!! If I didn't laugh I really would cry :lol::(

Take care luv Witsend.