Sign in to follow this  
casey09

Newbie!!!

Hi! I'm Sarah and have a seven year old Son, Elliot who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. His problems were picked up at Playgroup so he was only around 3 years old when teachers etc... started to spot differences with him. His obssessions and strange ways are making it very difficult to cope, especially when at night when it's really late and he just can't stop talking and just can't keep still. Does anyone else have this problem? There are problems at home as my 16 year old Son is seen as evil and someone who Elliot has to defeat. Elliot is 'well' into missions and defeating enemies, even his special needs teacher is an 'enemy' Anyway, it would be good to here other peoples experiences and hopefully share ideas etc.....

Take care

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

My nearly seven yr old son (ASD), also says some people are 'evil', he even says it about his dad, he'll say 'evil dad' my poor husband dotes on our boys and this does upset him, but, my son actually started to mix up the word 'evil' with someone being cross, so if my husband told him not to do something my son would say 'dads evil', instead of 'dads cross', this is how it started and now even if a shop assistant says something like 'mind your fingers on the conveyor belt', my son will say 'that lady's evil', he too wants to defeat all the enemies, ie.. the shop assistant :lol: you often hear him with his 3 yr old brother plotting an attack on the 'evil lady next door', because she told him to get off the fence :unsure: . (not sure if all that makes sense now I've re-read it). :whistle::whistle:

I too can relate to the cant stop talking, my son will ask the same questions over and over and over :wacko: , he can also talk for hours about starwars without stopping for breath :lol::lol:

Anyway welcome, I've not been here long myself either, but it's a great forum :thumbs:

Brook

Hi Sarah -

Welcome to the forum...

ASD and not sleeping at night? You're joking surely? :lol::lol:

You'll find loads of threads on this sort of thing (the search buttons top right!), but take your time and have a good look around first...

As far as the obsessions go, GOD it gets hard, but use them for your own ends wherever you can, 'cos every cloud has a silver lining. If temple Grandin's networks could make a positive out of cows and being squashed there's hope for all of us!

Glad you found us

L&P

BD :D

Hi I also have a son coming up 7 with aspergers. He loves "mission" and getting enemies usually his younger brother :devil: He also talks most of the night mainly about starwars at present. At 9 o'clock he now goes to his bedroom and is allowed to listen to story tapes and play lego starwars, I am usually asleep before him and I'm not really sure how late he stays up but he keeps to the rule of staying in his bedroom only getting me if he NEEDS me (we have differences of opinion on this one - essential facts about star wars i do not need to know in the middle of the night!) He is always up beore 7 and doesn't seem tierd in the day so I don't worry.

This is a fairly new routine until recently he slept with me as i didn't trust him not to escape, but now he is into "rules" life has become easier and i get more sleep!!

hi sarah nice to met you.lieran who is now 19 when he was younger had sleep problems he slept on a mattress on our floor untill we moved into this house 6 years ago even though he wasnt alone and shared a bedroom and the same as you when he wasnt asleep i always feared that he might escape.Even now he s no sense of sleep time he s often on his playstation at two in the morning and when i say its late get in bed he just says so and that sleeps boring ,now work that one out lol. lynn