Sign in to follow this  
punky

help

How can I get help for my partner, well i say partner he walked out a few weeks back, he is a suspected aspie and has long term depresion, only every year he tries to kill himself and I dont know what to do. or tell the kids. He was due to see a psychologist in5 days I just dont know what to do.

Hi punky -

Don't really have any advice, but do wish you well...

I think the hardest thing sometimes is to realise that you can't actually help people who are depressed; you can only offer them support when they recognise/accept that change is necessary...

Do everything you can to help your partner reach that conclusion, but don't beat yourself up if he isn't able to do so at this point; It will not be your fault (or his come to that), just a fact of life at this point, that will hopefully change in future...

Very VERY best

BD

Do you know where he is? - I hope he is safe

have you spoken to social services? - I don't know if they can help but if he has a history of attempted suicide they should be able to offer him support in this sort of crisis.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Zemanski

punky >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry, I don't have any advice. My son suffers from depression and was suicidal in the past, it's not easy.

I agree with Baddad's wise words. I hope the situation improves soon.

Take care

Nellie >:D<<'>

Thanks everyone, it is the hardest thing in the world to understand and makes me feel sad that he cant see life the way other people do. I wonder if talking to social services may help.