Sign in to follow this  
julieann

Unbelieveable

Thank-you to those of you who commented on my post of 10th August " A chance to make a difference or so I thought". My new L.S.A. position starts on Monday. On Friday of last week we had an inset day meeting of all the teachers who would be teaching the two new year 7 girls with ASD's.

One of the girls has major problems with stairs. :(

The school is on three levels. :(

The staff wanted to know if they were still able to give the girl detention if she was late for lesson :o UNBELIEVEABLE :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I once said to Com's head that giving him a social skills group with ASD kids but not then giving him oportunities for small group interaction with peers was like giving a child in a wheelchair a course on how to get up a couple of steps and then expecting the child to manage the stairs to get to class - obviously the teachers you're talking about wouldn't get my point; I wonder now if the head did???

Zemanski

How very sad that all they were worried about was if they could impose their detentions.

And not how they could support her to help her arrive to class on time :(

It really p****s me off that from the beginning they have a negative attitude :angry:

All I can say is thank goodness they have you on side Julieann.

Brook