Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

carers trust......help!

I have just contacted my local (I thought) branch of the Princess Cares Trust only to be very nicely fobbed off.

I had read someones, sorry I cant remember who it was, post stating how wonderfully helpful they had been. I rang the Winchester branch only to be told my son was the wrong age group (hes 20)and I was out of their area. I only live 10 miles from the branch I rang and when I pointed this out I was told to ring head office who directed me to a branch in a totally different county.

I suppose I am looking for a knight in shining armour who can tell me how to spur my ss department into providing the care and support we need. I contacted the NAS who were no help either simply recommended I hire a solicitor with Disabled rights knowledge.

Any advice very gratefully recieved.

Thanks, Loraine

You could try Carers Together - they have several branches throughout Hants.

Have you asked SS for an assessment of your and your son's needs? What did they say?

The Princess Trust does seem good - if you live in Winchester - I am 10+ miles away too.

Karen

Sadly I think they do have an area remit :( Which is of no help to you. But I never thought that there was an age remit :unsure: I am going to check that out.

Carole

Thanks for all the info guys. Where would I be without you!!

My lad has had an assessment. He left school over a year ago and I left work to care for him. After a meeting with ss last week and becoming aware that providing services was a problem for them no staff/funding I suddenly felt very angry. None of it is our fault and in a way I am subsidising ss by providing his care.

I will investigate all the information tomorrow.

Loraine

If you have no luck let me know - my friend is going through this at the moment with Hants with her son.

Carers Together has a lady who helps with Direct Payments, and they might be able to give you some tips on how to get some services.

Karen