Sign in to follow this  
karin

NO FAMILY FUND

hi all posted some time ago i had applied to the family fund filled the form in online then received an e-mail to say because of the hi demand i would receive a letter soon,received it and within the letter was told a lady would phone me about the twins which she did anyway she phoned and i was on the phone for about an hour with her answering all sorts of questions one of the questions was do you get dla when i answered no she said she didnt think i was entitled to a family fund to cut a long story short received a letter turning me down so no money for a late hol for the twins felt so sorry for them had hoped to take them to see my mum an dad who have lived in benidorm for 6 years and as me an hubby dont work have never been there at all the letter stated although twins may need help at home an school they did not feel i met the criteria for a family fund seems its not my year for trying for extra help no dla no carers allowance and no family fund oh well keep going see what else happens just want to inform the forum on the outcome luv karin xx :(:(:(

:( Really sorry to hear that Karin, I've just got application form throught the post after filling in one online over 6 months ago, got to fill it in and send it off but not getting my hopes up. The form does state after rereading that my son meets the disability policy but they need further information on financial circumstances. Edited by lil_me

I think the first step is to get your child on disability living allowance. get parent partnership to help fill it in. this is what i did, and there had been no diagnosis. when they get the disability, which makes a huge difference, then you can get carers allowance, then you are able to get the family fund every year until the child is 16. I got my grant yesterday, holiday and recreation grant...mind you the max amount for a holiday is 480. but well worth doing all the complicated forms for everything else

hi punky just came back onto the forum today having picked up your message thanks for the advice what is the parent partnership never heard of it and knowing our town they probably dont even have one let me know will you? thanks once again keep smilin luv karin xx

Hi karin,

I hope the following explains Parent Partnership. You will find details of your local PP on the website below or ask your school for details.

Parent Partnership Services: provide advice and information to parents whose children have special educational needs. They provide neutral and factual support on all aspects of the SEN framework to help parents play an active and informed role in their child's education. Although funded by the local education authority they provide a service to parents and are often either run at arms length from the authority or by a voluntary organisation to ensure parents have confidence in them.

http://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/

A local education authority must arrange for the parent of any child in their area with special educational needs to be provided with advice and information about matters relating to those needs.

Local education authorities must take whatever steps they consider appropriate to make parent partnership services known to parents, head teachers, schools and others they consider appropriate. Section 332A Education Act 1996