Sign in to follow this  
KarenM

spoke to soon

better to find out now and get things sorted early than wait till parent's evening to be told things aren't going well.

You should see what Com (Y9) wrote in his English book today (first day back) - and his LSA let him! - new teacher so I'm going to have to go in before he spots it and throws a wobbly

can't wait till half term!!!!!

Zemanski

She hates the change having lots of teachers loads of new kids the size of the building its massive, she says she wants to go to a special school but she did very well in her sats and i don't think that would be best for her. She also hates that she has pe tommorow.

Karen,

I can only send >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> and hope your daughter settles soon. I can't remember if in previous posts you said what help she's getting and how much the school are aware of her needs. It's a huge period of adjustment and the first few days are the worst. My daughter once commented "too many people, too many subjects, too many THINGS" when I asked her about high school.

I think making an appointment to see the form tutor soon would be a good idea - your daughter needs looking out for at this time.

Hi Karen , son wasn't too keen either! He got shouted at by a dinner lady. There were no chairs out and when he tried to take one from a stack the witch shouted at him," not that stack they haven't been washed yet." he was very embaressed and upset.(his cousin told me this) I wonder where the L.S.A.was then as they were supposed to be keeping an eye on him especially as we all know during unstructured lunch times :wacko:and lets not forget son is statemented. He also didn't leave enough time to go to the loo(after queueing for lunch and eating) spent a very uncomfortable afternoon! Still early days yet lets hope it improves for all of our children

I went in and talked to her form teacher and year head this morning thier going to inform all her teachers of her problems and find her some where to go at break and lunch times and buddy her up , teacher looked daunted when i said she does not like girls only boys into computer games . I so hope things will be ok. :(

bully for them karen, year head and form tutor are going to inform all teachers of her problems :wacko: Where was the transition plan for your DD.