Sign in to follow this  
Mother in Need

T.A. - L.S.A.

Hi Helen,

As you know, I get mad about it all too :angry::wallbash:

Apart from all the LEA lies and stuff that we have to deal with, I have a BIG thing about schools grrrrrrrrrrr.

I was talking to a friend of a friend :blink: tonight who told me that they are going through their annual review at the moment. They have a second meeting next week to try to get their proposed meeting right for their son.

Their son is in a primary school, ASD unit attached. SALT had told them that their son is NOT Autistic, so the school have told them that their son no longer needs access to the ASD unit..........they have ironed that bit out now, but it does make me :angry::angry: hearing that kind of thing.

By the way, the mum was telling me that he has made excellent progress since being in the unit with 1:1 support but obviously take everything away and bang goes his progress.

While I'm on my soapbox :oops: NAS Conference prices. Grrrrrrrr from me too.

I think the menopause is starting (early, of course) :lol:

Well, if you have Johnny, I'm sure you wont mind if I take George (Clooney), yeah we can only dream :lol:

Annie

>:D<<'>

Edited by annie

NAS Conference prices. Grrrrrrrr from me too.

Me three! - it costs a fortune to get to London too - how about a more central location eg Birmingham for example. Probably cheaper to hire than in London too.

I'll have Cliff Richard! :lol::lol::lol:

Have you guys actually seen the workshops to be held on the Saturday of the Conference. They are right up our street but prices way out of our range.

I have registered my protest - this is really not helping us to become empowered by putting resources out of the reach of the majority of us.

I have never been against anyone earning a crust and covering overheads but this is making Autism a bit of a money spinner.

Having had a rather unfortunate conversation with a firm of Solicitors who I think were rather more interested in how much they could earn from the misery of parents such as us - you will understand why I am feeling a touch sensitive about these issues.

I must go to bed - I really am a little grump tonight! :wacko:

Love

Helen

And I'll add my grrr! They haven't exactly hired the cheapest venue either.

Perhaps we should set up an alternative parents' conference?

Great idea! Cheap, and with child care for our children, disabled and normal!

My grrrrrr about the NAS is that they refused me a place on their Help! programme (which only takes place once a year within like a 100 miles of my home). 6 sessions over 6 weeks, three of them during school time and three in the evenings. Because I have to care for my son and there is NO-ONE else who can/will have him for any length of time, I am completely stuck outside of school times and therefore can only attend 3 of those sessions. So they refused me a place, as I could not attend all of them................ :angry: