Sign in to follow this  
pim

question about proposed statement

well I got the proposed statement. Two weeks is not long to decide what to do. Ds is 4 and is due to start school in January. He will be one of the youngest in his year. In the statement it states he will get 15 hours 1 to 1 help based on full time attendence. However, i don't think he is ready to go full-time. There is no way he'd manage lunchtime. So, I'm wondering should I contact the LEA and try and get them to change the hours to be based on part time attendence. I'm worried if I do this they will then reduce his hours. I really don't know if he will cope with full time. If he does go full time I don't think 15 hours is enough. I'm wary of rocking the boat. I feel I should be happy that I've got this much help for him before he starts school.

pim

Hi pim,

Great news about the statement. :thumbs::thumbs: I'm really pleased you've got it, knowing this particular bunch as I do. :wacko:

I'm afraid I don't know enough about this stage of the process to be any help, but I think calling Ipsea is a good idea, they will help you get as much out of the LEA as you possibly can.

K

hi, thanks for the replies.

I have talked to IPSEA, who suggested contacting the LEA to arrange a meeting and to suggest changing the statement and to see what their reponse was.

I'm just a bit wary and scared of rocking the boat.

pim