Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

I saved 2 children's lives today

:o My sister had the idea of going to IKEA so off we trot her, my 11mth old niece, Tyler and I. After shopping we stop off at the cafe for dinner. My niece chokes on a chip and she's strapped in her buggy. My sis and I frantically try to get her out whilst she is banging her back. The cafe is packed and everyone is looking! I pull her from the buggy and tips her upside down whilst banging her back, nothing! Does it again, nothing and my sis is panicing! My adrenline levels shot sky high and she is turning blue! Bangs her back again b/c can't feel anything in her mouth and this time, it must have brought some up and I managed to scoop it out but it was half in her mouth and half down her throat! This thing was 2inches long! She has a habit if putting ALL the food in her mouth instead of biting it! My niece is now screaming and I hand her to her Mum, I sit down shaking like a leaf and people start coming up to me saying 'You looked so calm doing that', 'you've done that before haven't you?', 'Is she ok?' etc etc. Um, yeah, about 10times! LOL My sis is constantly thanking me and then we carry on eating, me still shaking! :wacko:

Then, in the car on the drive home, Tyler is sat in the front seat b/c I had to care for the baby in the back (she was in her carseat),. He decides to choke on a piece of lace sweet. Bare in mind that we are in the car in the middle of one of the busiest roads in my city and my sister stops the car dead. I run out of the car narrowly getting hit by oncoming traffic, runs round to his side of the car again narrowly missing getting hit by ANOTHER car and opens his car door. I had tried to hit his back whilst I was in the back seat but hadn't worked so I was freaking out. Manages to dislodge his sweet which was an inch long and he is STILL choking, smacks him again and he starts crying. I then hear a man's voice behind me (we are STILL in the middle of the road and holding up traffic). This guy was in the car behind us and had come to help, bless him but by that time, everything was sorted! I thank him, my sister thanks him and off he goes back to his car. I shut Tyler's door and make my way back round to my side of the car to get in and guess what my sister does??? :o She ###### drives off leaving me standing there in the middle of VERY busy oncoming traffic! I was just stood there, too scared to move b/c of the cars etc and wondering why on earth she had driven off leaving me behind! You had to be there to see it! LOL :wub:

She is getting further and further away from me and then I see her pull in further up the road. I make my way to her (all the time getting more annoyed b/c this man must've thought 'what the hell is going on' and it's frigging embarrassing!. :oops: LOL Finally gets to the car after a 5min walk and she was stood outside her car in stitches of laughter. I was NOT amused!!! :angry: Turns out that when she heard Tyler's door shut, she thought that it was me getting in the car and drove off, she then spots me in her rare-view mirror and b/c she is laughing soo much, her foot went down on the accelerator and she sped off! Charming!!!

I kinda had the last laugh though b/c she was laughing soo much, she wet herself!!

Well, that's the gratitude I get for saving her daughter's life AGAIN!!! LOL

Edited by Tylers-mum

My god what a day, we had no choking incidents today thanfully, just tantrums in toys'r'us

:oops: Bit embarrassing leaving you behind tho, I'd have took the opportunity and ran to the nearest pub for a drink, coz after all that you deserve one :lol:

Oh and :lol: @ you sister having a 'wet' laugh, take a potty/nappy for her next time, as a joke of course

Edited by lil_me

LOL at some of your replies esp Zemanski and lil me!

After today, I'm treating myself to a glass of southern comfort and coke when Tyler is sleeping! LOL

Edited by Tylers-mum

Now that sounds like a plan, downside is got a bottle of Archers and only got a bottle of coke, and I don't like it with that :sick: Looks like another sober night for me again :tearful:

Archers is nice all on it's ownsome - especially if you have a bad cough. Better than any cough medicine I have ever had :lol:

So I'll raise my glass to you Tyler Mum :wine: Problem is I only have the coke at the moment - well I can pretend ;)

Carole

Tried root beer once, thats nasty stuff :sick:

If I drink the Archers on its own I'll drink the full bottle in a couple of hours, and have a bad head. Maybe save it for a night when my partner is off that night and the next morning.

It sounds like you need to leave your sister somewhere ;-) What a day. Well done.

The choking incidents very scary ......similar thing happened to me and a cheesey mozzzarella pizza.....it involved sick too :sick: , which ended up all up my arm :crying: .Anyway thank goodness they are o.k. As for your sister ............ha ha ha ha :lol::lol::lol::lol: , nearly had a wetting incident myself. What a day!!!!