Sign in to follow this  
witsend

annual statement review

Just wanted to share good news. Had sons annual review this morning. This had been delayed by several months due to waiting for various reports and dx. Two days ago school told me guy from LEA wasn't coming (we very much needed him there 'cos we were asking for more funding) and the cons report still hadn't come through (he saw son on July 1st!!). School were very disappointed by all this and I was fuming :wallbash:

Wednesday evening and all yesterday I had to make various calls and eventually got LEA guy to agree to come and then had to track down cons and get him to promise he would fax his report to school. By 2pm yesterday report still not arrived, eventually I went and plonked myself at child ass centre until report was actually faxed :lol:

Sooo today we had all the right people there and all the reports in B) and guy from LEA is going to recommend sons statement is increased to band D by the time he goes to high school :) Also school have taken on board my other suggestions which will hopefully make life easier for my son.

What a relief, feel jubilant and wanted to share it - as always the advice I get from this site has contributed to my (our) success today.

Luv Witsend.

Great news, tenacity is what you need in these situations and I admire yours. Its a shame that we as parents with all that we have to do anyway with our little darlings, that we have to chase up the proffs and bods but it is worth it in the long run.

Well done witsend.

HHxx