Sign in to follow this  
Tez

The Out of Sync Child

Can someone help me?

I understand that the book "The Out of Sync Child" has advice on strategies that teachers can use to help children with Sensory Integration Dysfunction cope in the classroom. Can someone please advise me on what advice it gives or alternatively do they have access to another source of advice that they could point me in the direction of?

Tez - I think we have this book somewhere although it's ages since I looked at it. I'll try to dig it out for you.

K

The author of the OOSC was a teacher, and it definitely has an educational slant - I loaned it to one of my son's teacher's and she found it really helpful. She kept it for months and I heard most of the classroom assistants in the school had read it.

Why don't you borrow it from your library?

Edited by call me jaded

Hi. :)

This book has been presented to us in an autism parents group as far as I know it is not specific for the condition but some chapters are relevant to it. I had a good look at it but decided not to buy it as I found it a bit too muddled up and not easy to refer to. :hypno:

Thanks again Brook for this good link. Very interesting.

Malika