Sign in to follow this  
Tez

Having a soppy moment

I know we all have our moments when we moan about our children's teachers and schools but this afternoon I have been thinking about the teachers that have made a positive difference in either A's life or my life and found myself typing up two letters of thanks, one to his Junior School which he left 4 years ago, who supported him appropriately even without a diagnosis for the only 4 happy years he's had at school, and one to his current Deputy Head without whose help I would not have got through the last year.

I know I'm being soppy and they'll probably look at my letters and think what on earth is going on but I just felt a need to stop fighting, stop moaning and show my appreciation for once. I feel the same way about this forum, so thank you everyone for your help and support over the past year and I hope some time to give something in return.

Edited by Tez

That's sweet Tez. :wub:

I always make a point of saying thanks to someone who's helped us. It's a huge buzz for them (i'm sure they will appreciate it, even now) and does help me to balance all the bickering we have to go through with schools.

B)

I know I'm being soppy and they'll probably look at my letters and think what on earth is going on but I just felt a need to stop fighting, stop moaning and show my appreciation for once.

So you think your being soppy...

No you're not. What a lovely thing to do. If I was ever in the position of recieving such a letter I'd be chuffed to little mint balls. You're going to make someone's day. Go for it!

I've always made a point of thanking people when they have helped us too.

I'm sure they will really appreciate your letters Tez :thumbs:

Annie

>:D<<'>

Tez - I think that's a lovely thing to do, and often do it myself.

At the end of last year I wrote to a teacher at primary school who, despite not being my son's class teacher, had taken every opportunity to encourage him to join in with football - at breaks, after school club and finally in matches.

He did so much for my little fella's confidence and social standing last year that I couldn't let it go by without saying something. He's continuing to do the same with my son this year too.

The teacher told me later than my letter had almost reduced him to tears (oops!) but it had been instrumental in him not leaving the school, which he had been planning to do.

I'm SO glad I did it.

Jo

I don't think enough people make compliments, people are very quick to complain but I firmly believe in making compliments where due especially when someone goes out of their way to help, so good on you I'm sure they'll appreciate it :thumbs:

I've always sent cards and letters to thank various professionals, or just to let them know how my son is doing.

When we got his Statement at nearly 15, I took in a bunch of beautiful lilies for his SENCO, because despite all the other professionals who said he was too old to get a Statement she still went for it.

And a couple of weeks ago Jester dropped off a bottle of port for Auriel's consultant after he wrote yet another letter in support of my son for his funding application. The office staff at CAMHS were speechless...they told him no one had ever said 'thank you' before :(

I think it's really important to thank the professionals who help us :thumbs:

Bid :)