Sign in to follow this  
Suze

Dentist trauma and a dead rabbit

:thumbs: , school phoned at dinner time :o , my eldest (ASD), had clashed :oops: heads with another child :tearful: . My son took the full force I think.Picked him up to find a swollen cheek and black eye developing and a chipped front tooth :( . So off we went to the dentist..........should mention here my son is not :shame: good with the dentist :tearful: . I explained his problems to the very nice lady dentist who had kindly fitted us in at short notice. So an hour later two injections :( , a bitten set of fingers (the dentists :shame: )........tears , screams, pleading, filling , gluing, sucking out saliva, spitting ....do I need to go on???? :whistle: ...........what a nightmare, usually we see a special dentist but of course today we had to just be grateful to be seen. He was screaming before she touched him. Anyhow it,s over now thankgoodness :thumbs: . So were on our way back home, going down our lane when I see what looks to be a big clod of soil in the road, I brake and as I get closer I realise it,s a little tiny , cute , fluffy brown rabbit. It was just sitting there looking right at me, I panic and brake , the brake harder....eyes squeezed shut, hands clenched on the steering wheel praying it will move out of the way. :tearful: It did,nt I stopped just as my front wheel went thump :tearful: . AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!, All I can picture is it,s little brown eyes looking up at the car as I approach. My son looks over at me and says, you,ve killed it mum!........... :tearful: .............well hope my son has some pleasant dreams tonight............, anyone else had a day when it just don,t go right? :rolleyes:

Hi Suze. >:D<<'> to you both.

What a horrible day it has been for you. i can symathise as i broke my 2 front teeth at school when i was 8, only our dentist at the time was horrendous, i used to ask my mum before each visit if they had locked him up yet, as i thought he was an escapee torturer. At the present age of 31, i have only just had the guts to trust my current dentist ('croc doc' as we call them)to fix my teeth so they actually look real. :D .

And the poor rabbit, :crying: You mus'nt blame yourself for this unfortunate accident, you didnt do it on purpose, and the fact that you feel guilty means that you didnt mean it to happen. I once killed our pet mouse (Stuart Little) completly by accident, i know its not the same thing, but to us he was one of the family, and when he got constipated the vet said to give him Lactolose, but within the hour of me forcing his tiny mouth open and squeezing in a minute amount, he was dead. :tearful: I was so upset, and no matter how much my kids and long suffering hubby told me it was not my fault, the more i felt guilty.

I hope tomorrow is a better day, and i hope your son is ok. I picked K up from school today and the teacher told me that he has recieved a kicking off another child at dinner time, K had curled into a ball whilst the other boy (who is supposed to be his friend) landed blows to his back and side. By the time the dinner superviser had dragged the boy off and informed k's teacher he was hysterical. But apparently he was ok, and seems to have been ok about it tonight. :angry:

Anyway. have another >:D<<'> and please try to put today to the back of your mind, put it down to yet another one of those things that life throws at us, just to see if we can cope !! :whistle:

Take care.

Shaz

x

So were on our way back home, going down our lane when I see what looks to be a big clod of soil in the road, I brake and as I get closer I realise it,s a little tiny , cute , fluffy brown rabbit. It was just sitting there looking right at me, I panic and brake , the brake harder....eyes squeezed shut, hands clenched on the steering wheel praying it will move out of the way. :tearful: It did,nt I stopped just as my front wheel went thump :tearful: . AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!, All I can picture is it,s little brown eyes looking up at the car as I approach. My son looks over at me and says, you,ve killed it mum!........... :tearful:

Hi Suze -

Did you tell him that the poor thing was riddled with Mixy and it leapt under the car to put itself out of it's misery? You were an angel of mercy...

Sorry, have nothing to offer on the tooth front, other than >:D<<'>

Talking about bad days let me share this with you, Im a wee bit down today as i thought it would be nice to go feed the ducks with my 9 yr old son Liam (who has aspergers) and his little sister (7) who im not sure if she has the same or if she just copies him. :unsure:

Anyway went to feed the ducks and it was a nightmare, he was terrified and screamed, cried and wouldnt move from the spot and if me, his dad or his sister went anywhere near the swans and ducks he screamed at us to get away and then said he wanted us to get out of here and never wants to come here again. I had to end up carrying him on my back to the car. :blink:

Ive taken them to feed the ducks before and he's also been with his auntie, uncle and little cousin (mind you they were in the pond then and this time they weren't) we ended up having to throw bread from inside the car and take him to a park afterwards to calm down. :oops:

Julie xxx

Oh man thats bad

I've had to live with the death of 1 chincilla, 8 goldfish and giving my dog to my neighbour because it did not like the little ones (then we moved house).

Ouch! I hate the dentist apparently i hav perfect teeth but i don't care the guy just freaks me out (must be the smell).

Please animals ###### and go and Martin (aspie) my brother has coped with them all

remember it has gone to a better place :robbie:

Hugs for all

Destrum

>:D<<'>

Aww Suze it's been one of those days hasn't it? >:D<<'> Just be thankful you didn't have my Alex in the back of the car because he'd be wanting to do a post mortem and then try taxidermy. He was gutted that he wasn't allowed to be present at his Dads post mortem :sick:

.shaz how did you know the mouse was constipated

Well thats the interesting bit. :sick: i noticed he was constipated when he stopped doing his 'buisness' then he was struggling to do it, then he started bleeding (a sure sign according to the vet) i took his advice an got thetiniest amount of lactlose (which was no different apparently to our lactlose, except it cost me 4 times as much) the rest they say is history................it didnt work :whistle:

opppppps. hope today is better

>:D<<'>

shaz

x