Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

Feeling sorry for myself!

Just needed to get my bad day off my chest.

My son, M had a speech and language appointment today. it wasn't going too bad until about three quarters of the way through the first exercise when he just stopped communicating. He looked cross and slammed the book shut. The therapist tried to ask him to continue she tried visual signs as well as talking but he totally ignored her. He threw her papers across the room three times. Threw the cards from the exercise across the room them tried to push the table over. When he had done all that he stood on the table. :angry: She decided to abandon the session and rescheduled us in for a weeks time. She did say she would be reporting the behaviour on her report so I suppose that is a good thing in a strange sort of way.

We got out the clinic and M decided he didn't want to go to school so he screamed and kicked at me as i dragged him through the school gates! :crying: By the time we got to his teacher he was hysterical and wouldn't let me go. She had to drag him off me so I could go. When i picked him up she said he was fine.

I took his prescription in to Boots after school and he wanted a disposable camera for our holiday next week. i told him I had no money and that I would get one tomorrow. He then goes into a full rage. I had him kick, scream, punch and bite me whilst i tried to hold him for half an hour. He shouted at everyone in the shop to shut up. He then started shouting help to everyone. I was exhausted by the time he got out of it and it ended with us both in tears :tearful:

Well I suppose tomorrow is another day and it can't be much worse. I feel better now i've shared it with all of you.

Thanks for being there.

>:D<<'>

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad day, I've had one of those weeks too, and now to top it all off my washing machines packed in just as the kids seem to be starting with tummy bugs, argh !! Hand washing is nasty, my hands are ripped to bits.

Edited by lil_me

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to you what a horrible day! Hope you're chilling out a bit now. your right it probably is a good thing your son exhibited some of his 'challenging' behaviour in front of the speech therapist, hopefully it will help people understand what you cope with constantly, although I know it must have been awful at the time.

As for the Boots episode - been there - not pleasent - have some more of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

Who knows tomorrow you may be :D again.

Take care - luv Witsend.

Sorry to here your having a bad time >:D<<'> . I know i have to drag my son into school most days.

I'm also having a washing machine problem lil me, :wacko: ,went in kitchen got a flood :crying: .Not inpressed

I knew I was not the only one going through a bad bit. thanks for the replies it is nice to know I am not alone.

Everyone who I know is sympathetic to the problems we have but no one understands as well as you all.

Thanks. :)