Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Just phoned LEA

and found out that Louis's 'proper' case worker was back off Maternity Leave, and she is THE nicest person :D

We went through the reasons that Louis was refused an assessment, and it looks like the School haven't made it clear enough that they have tried everything, and are 'at their wits end' (case workers words!). add to that the fact that the EP report is dated October 2005, when in fact, we have been in touch and having advise from them for over a year, and the 'team' at the LEA decided that there hadn't been sufficient time to try everything.

She has suggested that I make an appointment with the school to go through the EP report, and highlight exactly what has been done, how long for, and the outcome. Someone has to make notes, then a letter can be sent to the LEA asking for a review.

She said that 'may be all it needs for us to look at it again and agree to assess'.

:thumbs:B):thumbs:B):thumbs:

B)

Sounds very similar to J's case two years ago. All that it took was a further report from the school making it explicit that they had tried many interventions, and emphasising that he was monopolising the attentions of the TA who was supposed to be a resource for the whole class.

A statementing officer that is prepared to discuss things with you informally can make all the difference. A well-timed thankyou card can work wonders!

Simon

Will have to remember the Thank you card If - sorry, When they agree to assess/the statement gets made.

I can't believe how much nicer she was than the person I spoke to before!

I'm not going to count my chickens too soon though. Will be going in to see Headteacher tomorrow morning, so finders crossed we can cover everything.