Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Don't know what to think....

Went to pick up middle son from school, and was told that the headteacher wanted to see me.

So off I went round to her office (kids stayed outside looking at books and playing with the beads), and in we went to her office, and she shut the door...

She started by asking how he was today, and said she was very sorry about yesterday, and that she really felt for me, but that she really had no choice.

She then went on to say that the lady from Behaviour Intervention Team had been in, as had a teacher from the EOTAS unit Louis was going to.

The BIT lady has now written a report saying there is no more she can do for Louis (I haven't yet recieved a copy), BUT, after speaking to the HT, she has recommended that Louis be seen by CAMHS as a Mental Health patient, as he has started talking about things he has done as a second person (e.g. I didn't throw the chair, the other Louis did).

The EOTAS teacher has backed this up as something Louis does while he is there. (I have witnessed him denying he has done something, but never refering to himself as a second person) EOTAS have also said that Louis CAN go there when his review has been done with the govenors regarding his exclusion (which will happen in the week ending 25th November) He will be going in the mornings, but will know more when they contact me direct. Up until then, the school are going to provide worksheets for him to do.

Also, the School Nurse was in today, and she is also going to refer Louis to CAMHS as a mental health issue after everything that has happened lately.

The Headteacher is going to contact the Education Welfare Officer to see if there is any help we can have, as the HT knows that Louis will start taking his anger out on his brothers, and we don't want that to happen. (don't know what sort of help they will be able to give, but anything has got to be better than nothing!) The HT is also writing to the LEA officer dealing with Louis's Statement application, and the exclusion's officer.

I myself, have not really been able to do a lot, as Louis is very unsettled, and I've had to constantly stop him hitting out at his youngest brother (4 years old), so unfortunately, have not been able to get on the phone all day like I needed to be :wallbash:

Oh well, at least it's the end of another week, and I have hubby home for 2 whole days to help (he only works Mon to Fri) :clap:

>:D<<'> Hi Hun,

It sounds like the Headteacher is at least on your side - and as i've seen posted somewhere else, it can help your 'case' if the school exclude....hopefully give LEA swift kick up backside :devil: They will have to place him somewhere suitable (PM'd you about that one...).

The CAMBS team coming on boards should help too - i'm not sure if we come under the same team, but mine are great. :D The refering to himself as a second person if fairly common in children with Aspergers - M does it occasionally, if he's tired or very stressed.

Wish i could offer you more advice - but it sounds as though the Head's on the ball >:D<<'> >:D<<'>