Sign in to follow this  
steviegirl

suspension

I am really angry with Stevens "special school". My daughter took ages to get him in there, now he is suspended. So what is the difference to any other school.

Why don't they admit that they can only be experts when everything is not too bad. Steven sometimes goes into bad behaviour, so I would have thought they would have had behaviour experts.

It seems to me that they used no diversion tactics or distracted him to a more positive activity. I know that if he has something to do that interests him it does help. I know it is hard for the teachers but we thought they could cope.

He loves acting "hard"although he really isn't. As for the kicking the teacher, it seems to be a free for all at the school.

Also as you all know with aspergers/adhd sometimes it is hard to know what is bad behaviour and what is the illness.

Myself I am inclined to think that he has found a place he can get away with. On the other hand maybe he is frustrated at the school because there are a lot of very severe autistic children there and in a lot of ways steven is quite bright except for social interactions, but that depends who he is with.

There seems to be no middle ground school he can attend.

As for the kicking the teacher, it seems to be a free for all at the school.

I am not an expert on how this kind of challenging behaviour should be handled in school but this is a worrying statement.