Sign in to follow this  
dorsetmummy

good

Good morning.

Having a fairly quiet day today, only got to go to asda to shop as i didnt go yesterday cos i was just so stressed and coulcnt face it.

Had a very long chat with hubby last night about why i am getting so fed up and frustrated and why i think the whole school / assessment system is totally cr*p. He fully understands why i feel the way i do, and agrees.

I am so angry on what they have inflicted on my daughter through no fault of her own, she will have to go back to the same situation. the same group pf kids in her class calling her names and her not being able to deal with it. I am seeing the edu s w on monday so i will voice my opin ions completely and am refusing to send her back until they honour my rights, and dont just keep brushing it all under the carpet and fobbing me off.

Now they have created a little girl who is petrified of going back to school, she has to keep her spare clothes under her table, so if she needs them the other kids know what she is doing, and consequently she doesnt change and then she starts to smell and gets called names. it makes my blood boil.

They have said they cant get a one to one assistant because they dont have the room, for gods sake, if she gets statmented and has an assistant what the F&^k will they do then.

She is not going back unitl i have some proper answers and action and help.

Julie

Good Morning Julie

Don't let the B*****ds get you down!!

I can remember when my son was in year 1 I used to have the other mums walking behind me up to the school gate talking very loudly about how some children don't know how to behave themselves (he shut a girls fingers in the door because she was trying to come in through the 'out door') and how the parents were to blame :angry:

The teachers used to meet me at the school gate infront of the other parents to discuss my sons behaviour that day :wallbash:

Does your daughter's wetting happen when she is nervous?

When she is in school is she talked AT instead of being talked TO and does anyone listen to her or just disregard what she says?

I know exactly how you feel but you will come out of it the other side, although it was a struggle.

Do you have a voluntary group in your area who go with you to meetings?

They are professional people from the field of education and they go with parents to give backup. Check in your local paper.

Will stop ranting now but remember to stay strong. I haven't really given any advice on this forum because I didn't have any experience but this one I feel very strongly about.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

thankyou for your reply.

It feels as if we had been dropped into a big black hole and forgotton about, this has been on going for almost 2 years now.

The wetting problem doesnt seem to happen at any particular time, she can wet when shes just sat here watching the tv, and i am told by the pedetrician that she will just grow out of it grrrr, but on a plus side the school nurse has now booked us into the enresis (sp) clinic to try and address this problem, nothing will change overnight i know that, but at least its a start.

I have been in contact with parentpartnership[ and am waiting for someone to call back, and i have another lady to talk to on monday now, now if i refuse to take her back there and tell them why, they might start to listen.

Thanks for your concern.

Its a very lonely long hard road, but i will get to the end of it, i have a beautiful daughter and i will fight for her.

Julie

Hi Julie

At least you sound stronger than I was good on you.

Just remembered that my friend's daughter years ago had problems with wetting and she couldn't even feel that she was doing it.

Will check with her but I think that they said it was something to do with building up the muscles around the bladder? :unsure:

Hi Julie

I hope the parent parnership can help you, they were very supportive when i was going through a nightmare time at her infants school. A meeting was set up with all the professionals dealing with my daughter at that time, so we could discuss her problem area's and sort out what would help her in a class situation. This did help a little. But i am sure most will agree with me, untill me daughter was dx + statemented not alot was done.

I did have alot of support from these professional and they did write letter of support stating that my daughter would need a great deal of help in the class decause of her diffuculties and if things were not put in place for her, then it would be very destressing for her + other in her class as she would have a major melt down.

Sorry i can not be more help, Just keep fighting, you know your child best and hopefully soon you will get the support you need. It is always a constant battle to get the best for our children.

NIkrix x

you should ask your GP to write to the school explaining that she is off due to stress/anxiety - this will support your cause and keep the truant officers off your back to some extent (in fact you may find another source of support from the educational welfare officer, it is part of their job to support children getting back into school and some are very good).

good luck

Zemanski