Sign in to follow this  
oracle

SEN Select Committee

Just a reminder for those interested the SEN Select Committee are meeting again today at 3.45pm.

The Education and Skills Select Committee will be taking formal oral evidence from Ian Coates, Divisional Manager ? Special Educational Needs and Disability; Althea Efunshile, Director ? Safeguarding Children Group; and Andrew McCully, Delivery Director for School Standards Group, Department for Education and Skills. The session is expected to cover the following topics: clarification of SEN policy from DfES, consequences of Schools White Paper for SEN, role of Local Authorities, role of parents, and role of the workforce.

I am sure that Annie will provide us with the link to listen :thumbs:

Carole

Can you hear my hollow laughter?

Loud and clear Jaded. The big issue, here which I know has caused many eye brows to raise, was the amount of written submissions that this committee has received. I am told that ususally a handful of submission are received. On this ocassion there have been around 200 written submissions and this has really made the committee sit up and take note.

AIM have asked to give oral evidence but have no idea if we will be asked to do so? Afyter todays hearing there will be no more until Januray/February so that they can now read the written submissions and then decide whom they will ask to speak. I also know that there has been a complaint made to the Chair of the Committee stating that they are being selective about who has been asked. So maybe if we all mail em and ask for a chance to spreak they will give us a voice.

Now can you hear my hollow laughter? :lol:

Carole

Hi Carole,

I've not long been in. This is the link, but it is not showing as being broadcast live, unless it is going to be listed at the last minute.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/

Just noticed another meeting has been added, so keep checking, just in case.

Annie

XX

Edited by annie