Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

DLA form

Hi,

I've just received the DLA form I requested but am confused over the child reference number which I assume is a National Insurance number by reading the notes. I didn't realise children received NI numbers. I thought you only got them when you turned 16.

Can anyone shed some light on this before i look totally stupid by ringing them up!!!

Thanks

mum22boys

I phoned the DLA up and was told just to ignore it, you won't have one and they will put it on the form when they receive your application.

HI

You won't have a number for you child under the age of 16. This will be allocated to the child when the form is sent in. If you attach a note just saying the child is under 16 and therefore does not have one yet, then there shouldn't be any problem. I also rang the GP and just asked for my son's medical number which I wrote on the attached note but this isn't really necessary.

Clarkie

Hi

I too rang them feeling like a bit of a plonker and told then that obviously JJ did not have a national insurance number as he was only 3 at the time :lol:

They said to ignore it - does beg the question as to why the form asks for it when it is for children under 16! :wacko:

If you need any help filling it in then let me know!

Caroline

xxxx

i hate the dla form,got another 3 years till i have to fill in my next one so i have a long time to prepare myself mentally for the stress it causes me :lol:

Hi there,

I just recieved 2 forms that my son's OT sent me. 1 is for children with dissabilities and DLA and OMG what a nightmare :wallbash:

I have been doing a bit at a time for the last 2 weeks or so and the questions on the dissability form are just never ending. I feel that they keep asking the same questions over and over but just in a different way.

Many thanx

Julie x

i got so stressed with mine that in the end a woman from my local carers group came and help me fill it in,its a service they do,if i had known that earlier i would have claimed years ago,that form put me off,maybe its made so difficult on purpose,i think a lot of people look at it and give up :rolleyes: