Sign in to follow this  
illy

Sleep Question Need Help Pls

Hi everyone, soory i havnt posted in awhile

:( I have a son called A who is 5 and has aspergers, and has always beena good sleeper since about age 4-5 months. It is his older brother who has ADHD that has been the problem with going to sleep etc.

But this last month or so, he has been waking atleast 2 -3 times in teh week, 2 -3 times in the night. We are not sure why, and he comes in and tells us he cant sleep!

We did say to him the other day, not to do it, and only wake us if he was ill, so last night he woke Nathan up to tell him he was ill, and us aswell. Well he wasnt and didnt feel ill at all. I think he said that because he thought he wouldnt get told off.

The problem is why is he doing it now, as he has always been a great sleeper.

Any advise would be great

Hugs illy

Hi Illy not sure why it would happen all of a sudden has he had a change in routin??Is something worrying him???Have you changed something in his room???

I totaly understand what you are going thro' Char doesn't sleep through any night and is on med to get him to sleep.Maybe you should you see his Ped' or doc if you can't get to the bottom of it.

Love Lisa x

hi illy,i have the same problem,my daughter is up anything from once to 7-8 times a night,usually theres no reason for it apart from wanting her dvd put at the right place,and ive started letting her crawl into bed with me,which i know i shouldnt but im too tired to put up a fight with her,there have been many times ive put her back to bed,gone back to sleep and she gets up and trashes the house,weve had to put locks on all the doors to stop her gaining entry in fear of her hurting herself,as she has no danger awareness at all,we are having her assessed in hospital for a night to make sure she is not having any sleep apnoeas as it runs in the family and if she hasnt then the consultant is going to prescribe some sort of sleeping medication,maybe melatonin but i dont think thats right for her as she doesnt have a problem falling asleep,but staying asleep,if anyone has any other medication suggestions that would make her sleep longer i would also be grateful for any advice.

thanks

lynda x

Thankyou all there hasnt really been any change in the routine, so cant think why

Hugs illy