Sign in to follow this  
Hectorshouse

Please add your comments

I would really appreciate it if anyone (or everyone .. just slightly ambitious I know) would add their comments to T's story, I would like to really put a rocket up the LEA's ar*e and shake the paper up a bit ... parent power and all that :devil:

heres the link ....

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displayNode....&folderPk=79877

Your support is greatly appreciated, HHxx

Edited by Hectorshouse

I'm just giving this thread a *bump* I would really appreciate your help in raising the awareness, this is a golden opportunity (not one too troll obviously) but I'm hoping this is going to be picked up by one of the leading papers ... 10 comments so far ... lets see how many we can actually get.

Thanks again, HHxx on a mission.

It's that last paragraph that I think we all find to be offensive. I wonder what the DfES would have to say about it.

It almost reads:

If your born here and have SEN we're stuck with you. If you are born somewhere else and have SEN, don't move here we don't want you!

Thanks everyone fo adding your comments.

I totally agree with you Phasmid that it is particularly the last comment that is so offensive, but what a beauty to get it in a quote from the LEA and published. I really hoping to name and shame them, not only have they let T down in his right to an education, but they have actually told people not to move here if your child has SEN, this discrimination is appalling and has been forwarded to the DRC as well, also I'm emailing the local government ombudsman the story and the DfES ... :devil:

I am also hoping that by doing all this maybe the people in Devon in the powers that be will start acknowledging the fact that ASD is real, its not EBD, its not naughty children, and our children need the appropriate support to access education ... anyway I'm preaching to the converted here!

Thanks again to everyone, HHxx

As a matter of interest do they ever print these web based responses in the paper itself? It would be nice to think they will take our comments and ask for a response to them from the LEA - that'd see them squirm some. I'd love to see what they have to say to our collectuve replies. I hope the paper follow this up, from our (parents) point of view this is a good story to illustrate the difficulties some of us have with education.

Phas, have just bought todays edition of this paper and they have published 5 of the comments from the website. I don't wish to publish those names here, although I know they are on the other site, just trying to keep a level of anonymity between here and there ... if you get my drift. If anyone wants to know whose were published then please pm me.

Thank you everyone, I've been overwhelmed by your support.

HHxx