Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Can someone help me fill in my son's

I am useless with wording things and all the other times I've filled it out, just kept it to Yes, No and 3/4 word sentences. Now my son has a DX, I wanna tell them how I truely feel (the school is CR*P!) b/c they are NOT meeting my son's needs at all and treating him like an NT child! I really wanna lay it all on the table at this review in Jan but the form needs to be filled in ASAP as his teacher is asking for it back now.

Can someone PLEASE walk me through it?? :pray:

Hi TM,

Is your deadline so early because of the xmas holiday ? As a rule your evidence has to be in 14 days before the actual review. I have no idea whether the 14 days applies over school holidays, the COP should be able to tell you.

If you want I can email you the representation I wrote last week (my son is in yr 1 ) and the leaflet provided by parent partership on how to set it out.

HTH

wac

Hi TM, with T's AR earlier this year I was given a very small form to complete, I ignored this and went through his Statement bit by bit and listed where I felt his needs weren't being met in accordance with provision. I also, kept I diary of problems that I had with the school and included this into my report as well. If you have any other reports or assessments that have been done since the last review (or statement finalisation) you can add these as well, and if there are recommendations that been suggested but not actioned either on new reports or initial reports then you can raise these as well.

My blog has got my parental rep on it and T's statement, the parental rep is an extended version of my AR report, as we going through reassessment at the same time. If you have anything that you would like me to read over and offer suggestions then please feel free to PM me your email addy and I'll see if any of my pearls can be of use.

If anything I have learnt, the most important is not to be steam-rollered into anything.

Also ACE have some good stuff on their website about the AR and their book 'Special Education Handbook' is a fab accompiment to the COP and deals with AR in depth as well.

http://www.ace-ed.org.uk

HHxx