Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

shaving

I know its a horrible thought but one day all your lovely fresh faced little lads will o turn into hulking great hairy teenagers.

To make things easier on yourself can I suggest that you introduce the idea of shaving from an early(ish) age.

My son used to watch my husband shave, he loved the shaving foam (and yes he ate huge amounts of the stuff if given the chance) and we started to pretend to shave him using a blade with the safety cover on. He was absolutely fine , unlike haircuts, nail cutting etc. When the time came to shave him for real we had no problems.

Just a thought...

Love Lorainexx

I know its a horrible thought but one day all your lovely fresh faced little lads will o turn into hulking great hairy teenagers.

NoOOOO! :o:o:crying: I won't think about it, don't make me. :lol:

I'm already dreading the day he gets too tall for me to ruffle his hair. :wub:

my sisters son is 13 and has AS,he's always been a hairy boy and he now has a pronounced tash and starting with a little beard!she has got him an electric shaver for xmas,the thought of dan and razors doesnt mix :huh:

We bought a lovely state of the art electric razor but he wouldnt let us near him because of the noise. I use it for my legs.

Loraine xx

Well my son is nearly 15 and has a tach, to be honest I've been wondering about it and lots of other things . I was quite relieved when my eldest son aged 27 said to me, "don't worry about things mum, it's up to us (the men in the house) to take over now ." >:D<<'>

Up to now my son has had good teen years apart from being a bit bolshy and grumpy at times but having had 3 NT kids go through it before him, and knowing how bad it can be for some of the children, I've been pleasantly surprised.

They really do grow up so quickly and I'm just dying to meet the young man my son is going to become.

Edited by alibaly

To make things easier on yourself can I suggest that you introduce the idea of shaving from an early(ish) age.

My son used to watch my husband shave, he loved the shaving foam (and yes he ate huge amounts of the stuff if given the chance) and we started to pretend to shave him using a blade with the safety cover on. He was absolutely fine , unlike haircuts, nail cutting etc. When the time came to shave him for real we had no problems.

Loraine,

That's great advice :thumbs: It's funny how we can never see out children as adults, not even when they are adults!!!

For safety reasons my 27 year old is not able to give himself a wetshave or cut his nails. He has only just started using and electric razor.

On his last home visit I heard him using his electric razor in his bedroom, the buzz went on and on .......although my instinct was to go and investigate, I thought better of it but the buzz continued, on and on it went. On investigation I discovered him sitting with a paper on his knee, mirror in hand shaving the now non existent hairs. Bless! :wub:

He's getting a super duper electric shaver for Christmas.

Nellie xx

While Mark was unable to cope with a shaver with the turning wheels the foil ones that are smooth he seems to cope with and they do seem to be the safest option. As has been already said it was somethng we thought about very early on so we've not really had too many problems although Mark does get cross sometimes when we remind him to shave. To be honest the facial growth alarmed him somewhat so getting him to shave it off was not really a problem.

As someone already mentioned, we do have problems with him cutting 'other' hair off too, now that is much harder to cope with :wacko:

Edited by Minxygal

I think my son will be Ok as he already likes to pretend with the handle of his toothbrush and a bar of lux.

Does anyone know if there is an 'autism teen' website specifically for where those other kind of things can be can be approached , or is it all just better left to family to deal with in house?

what a minefield eh , even asking is difficult :wacko:

Com won't even wash his face and has no interest whatsoever in shaving, it's a sign of growing up and as he intends to stay 12 for ever (he's in his second year of 12 :rolleyes: ) he is currently ignoring all the signs, including the tash.

Nemo learned to shave with a cut throat razor

Zemanski