Sign in to follow this  
Temaru

List of the year

Hi again,

yes, it's the time of year when we wish that the following year will be better than the last -

My last post was to do with new years resolutions - this one is to do with the people and/or organisations we want to take our campaign to the next stage.

We have Emmys, Grammys, Oscars, Sportsman of the year etc., etc. - let's have our own ASD experts of the year/personalities of the year/who we wish to be at the front for the next year and onwards.

Let's compile a list of those we trust, who we feel can take our cause forward, whether it be an individual or organisation.

Who do you want, and why, and what do you want them to do to make life better for our community?

1000 people muttering to themselves will not be heard; 1000 people speaking together (with 'one voice') will be heard.

Let's hope the next year is better than the last -

Cheers,

TEMARU

JACQUI JACKSON!

A parent of 4 ASD boys and a savour to all us parents with ASD kids. She is the voice of the ASD nation I believe and a wonderful wonderful campaigner.

To carry on campaigning for the best rights, resources, education, ASD understanding in the general NT society etc etc. A true martre in my eyes and I'm sure others will back me up on this. :D

Edited by Tylers-mum

:clap: Yes i think Jacqui J would be a good choice.She has done alot for the awareness of Autism and Aspergers and hopefully will continue to do so for a long time to come (even if at times i do feel a little more than inadequate after watching her cope with so many children on the spectrum, particularly in the supermarket!!! that is a mission for me with only one AS boy! :fight: )

Every member on this site >:D<<'> you are all super stars

When it comes to off the site, in my area probably our support group coordinator, Helen Geldard, without her and the group this year I would have probably crumbled. Agreed Jacqui has done a lot for awareness this year, but so have many other people and groups. Inc carole's group AIM which aren't too far from me and I hear good things about all the time.

I hope that everyone who has made the efforts so far continues to do so and I think awareness is the key to opening most doors. I hope to become part of this myself next year in helping in whatever way I can.

Edited by lil_me

My husband would be top of the list for me (not knocking anyone else) he has been so supportive even though he complains a lot about how hard he finds it with me at work (looking for a new job as we speak with less hours but more money!??!?!?! is that possible?) and i would give him the biggest shiniest medal I could find.

Supersec

My awards would go to phasmid for educational expert issues.Baddad/Nemo for entertainment on the crimbo advent.The krism hosts for hosting....Carole for always saying what I want to but better :clap: ...........Lucas for letting me see it from a different angle..........there,s loads more to mention.......................