Sign in to follow this  
Viper

FAO forum leaders.We all take

For a long time now I have wondered where the funding for this forum comes from. I now know that it comes from your own pockets and was wondering if we, as members could in some way contribute to it?

We all get a lot from here including advice on how to get benefits, so I personally would be more than happy to give what I can when I can to keep it going and ease the financial burden to the wonderful people who have made life bearable for so many.

If you could set up a paypal account or other way of making contributions we could send small donations to help you.

Viper.

Viper, here are a couple of posts made over in Techie Corner ...

I would just like to add my heartfelt thanks to everone involved in the forum upgrade, it had gone as smoothly as anyone could have expected.

One thing that has been bothering me is the fact that getting acquiring the new web space etc. must have meant you all putting your hands in your pockets.

While I am sure we are all united in agreeing that this site should never have a subscriotion, it seems unfaitr that you should have to do all the work and find all the cash.

There are a number of people here who would be more than happy to chip in to help with the costs involved. Please don't be embarassed to ask! Maybe you could set upa paypal account for people to make donations to if they would like to?

Simon

Hi Simon,

That is such a lovely gesture and I know you mean it sincerely.

Kris and I very happily covered the costs of the old forum,..but expansion and the need for stability forced our move into this web space. Lufty was quick off the mark to secure everything for us,..including meeting the costs, but getting him to divulge the figure so that I can contribute has been like getting support out of an LEA school!

We will seek external sponsorship, before we turn to the forum members though. :) We wont be asking for donations towards the upkeep of the batcave just yet!

Thanks a million though.

Kindest regards,

Elefan

James

James I really must keep up to date with things :hypno: unlike some people (not to mention any names :whistle: ) I do have to remove myself from this chair sometimes and just when I'm not looking some ###### goes and posts something (how dare they?) and I miss it. :o

Oh well, the offer still stands, not saying I will see the relpy though. :lol:

Viper.

James I really must keep up to date with things :hypno: unlike some people (not to mention any names :whistle: ) I do have to remove myself from this chair sometimes and just when I'm not looking some ###### goes and posts something (how dare they?) and I miss it. :o

:P

James

I feel the same Viper, I,ve taken so much from this site in the way of information, laughs, tears, and help, it feels right to give something back.

Hi everyone even though i am relatively new on here i would be more than happy to make a donation to this forum as it has been a valuable resource for me in so many ways if there is any chance please let me know :thumbs:

jayne xx

Some of us have offered financial help before. I think we would all be more than willing to chip in - with the clear understanding that the gifts are just that and in no way have any strings attached. And that Krism - sorry the Aspergers and ASD UK Online Forum stays firmly under the command of the present team.

Carole

Would it be possible to set up a charity bank account (Yes I know this means some work for someone and it isn't quite as easy as it sounds.)? That way we could donate as the feeling grabs us or not.

I would be very happy to make the occasional donation towards the running of the forum. Having used both the NAS and IPSEA helplines, both organisations were very quick to send me letters asking for money, and whilst I'm very happy to support these worthy bodies too, I feel this forum has been more help to me than either of them.

Same for me, this forum has been invaluable to me and my sons, I have learned more from here in the last few months than anywhere else or from anyone else (and that focourse includes the so-called professionals) and I am more than happy to contribute!