Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

i have a plan

Guest flutter

i know i posted about how bad life was for a bit,

i have the feeling i am on me own in sorting it out, the proffesionals, really couldnt give me anything consturctive to do so, i am gonna teach her about feelings ( one at a tiem) Thanks to u guys i have the info i need.

She worked out last nite that when upset she could clean :clap: and i finally gave in a told her how scared ia m when she goes, and she was bothered.

i dont even know if i am capable of doing this, but short of paying lots of moneys to see a psychologist, or even mroe scary, learn to become one ( soo not qucik enough ) i have to try, i feel pretty postive about it Any opinions??? please :pray:

C xx

Hi Flutter - I bet you can do it! :thumbs: I'm glad you're feeling optimistic and tackling things with a plan. I've learnt you can wait for help from the professionals forever and (ever) sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't, but you know you're child best and usually your ideas will therefore be the best too.

Good Luck - luv Witsend.

Hi Flutter :)

An idea used at Auriel's school:

Help your daughter to identify how emotions effect her physically. E.g: when you are angry you feel hot and your body goes stiff, etc.

I had never realised that often our children with AS don't make the connection between how they feel physically and how they feel emotionally.

Helping them identify these connections can help them identify their emotions more readily.

Hope this helps >:D<<'>

Bid :)

Hi Flutter

That sounds like a great plan and good luck with it. You consider becoming a psychologist alongside it then?

Hi Flutter -

I'm sure you'll be brilliant at it, and lets fact it she'll have a far better chance of interpreting YOUR emotional state and expanding from there rather than from a 'textbook' image/description.

Very, very best with it

L&P

BD :D

flutter thats brill,and im going to do the exact same with india,know one will ever understand them like us so we can teach them the best!! :clap:

Good luck Flutter, :clap: I think you're gonna do just fine. It is true you hang on and on forever waiting on the professionals. You go girl!!

That was really interesting what Bid said i had never even thought of thast before, i will have to try that with my little cherub, he has the mother of all tempers!!

Let us know how you get on :P

Take care,

Kirstie.

Good Luck Flutter x

You can do it

Good Luck Flutter x

You can do it

T went to a clinical psycologist for work on emotions.They gave her a scrapbook and over a six month period filled it with different emotions and how to deal with them and how to recognise other peoples emotions.

EG happy Tori cut out picture of people who looked happy from magazines,she then drew her body in a happy state,(soft posture,smile) she then wrote what made her happy.She was also asked how to recognise if someone else is happy.

We did many emotions ,happy,sad,angry,upset,frustrated,guilty,jealous,excited.

She kept the book and still looks at it.Along with this came ideas of how to deal with stress IE relaxation,Thinking good things,watching musicals(in Toris case).

Its important to make clear its normal to be upset,angry and ok to talk about it to someone,Tori used pictures to express herslf.She is verbal but finds explaining things difficult ,she find writing her thoughts down easier.

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Flutter,

All the best, you are already taking the steps I agree with all the above. Sending you some of these :clap::clap:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

regards

Hailey

Guest flutter

thank you all very much :notworthy: you have given me the courage to do this

am now trying to get college work done, so as i can get on with it all, , tis ok tho i not staying up this late to do it, just cant sleeps

J (8, Aspergers) will be having sessions with his CAMHS support worker after Christmas, they will be working specifically with recognising and dealing with emotions with an emphasis (in J's case) on anger management,which is a particular concern.

If we come across any useful handouts etc I'll pass them on.

Simon

Hi Flutter,

The link below has some basic games on 'feelings' and 'facial expression', I thought they may provide a basis

for you and maybe you could expand with your own plan in a way that you know your daughter will understand better. May not be any use to you, but thought I'd ;) post the link anyway.

http://www.do2learn.com/games/learningames.htm

Good luck.

Brook

sounds like youre off to a flying start there - let us know how it goes :clap: