Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

What a day!!!!

Had my 14mth old niece to stay last night and have been up most of the night with her and my son. Yippee do dah!

Niece got collected at 10am this morning and I have not stopped all day. T has been like a tornado, very very hyper, not listening, demanding my attention constantly and his understanding of instructions have gone to pot! Simpliest things like 'can you get the yellow bag for me please?' it's right there in front of him but he's looking at every direction but where I'm pointing to. Finally manages to get it after very simple directions (about 20 I might add!) and later I asked him to get some yellow rods (I was constructing his scalectrix and NEVER again!), again pointing him, directing him and nothing, like he just couldn't see em! Then I remembered something he said earlier (said that what I saw as yellow was infact green! Hmmm) so i asked him for the green rods and he got them straight away. Anyone know if colour blindness is a problem with HFA's?? and is there an online test I can do with him??

Everything has been a battle, I ask him to wash his hands, he asks 'Why?', I ask him to dry his hands, he asks 'Why?'. I dunno what it is with him today but his HFA is surely showing and it's like I'm talking to a brick wall and although he's responding, he's doing everything wrong! :wallbash: or needs to be given VERY simple instructions, far moreso than normal!

I've just escaped up here b/c my head is shot to pieces and I need to get away from him. Bad I know but I need a break! :(

I know these sound trivial but it's been going on all day and he has really tested my patience today! :(

Edited by Tylers-mum

I KNOW WHERE U COMING FROM

my son is same in fact both my sons are like this,one more than the other

i cant get through a day without needed paracetamol for my head or i get sore throats from telling them the same instructions-it honestly is that bad :crying::crying::crying:

i feel like i talk to the wall :wallbash:

my son cant see things under his nose and also will go everywhere but ,,,,the place something is in

RESULTS in me doing nearly everything for him

you should see us trying to get out through the front door we r like the 3 stooges :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I GIVE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on every thing,shoes,coat,stand near door ,ect.....................

and i get the 50 questions as to why we should do this then i get a full scale row

its so mentally draining :tearful:

i only ever get some results from adopting a militery style operation and commands-with no ifs and buts-i ignore it till we get through the task in hand :rolleyes: hence the headaches :whistle::whistle::whistle:

p.s my sons father is colour blind-so am thinking they r too -its down on there records-but i dont think they actually been tested !

Edited by rainbow queen

Thanks amileymab and rainbow queen.

rainbow queen - found this test online which i just did with my son and he passed! :thumbs: and I did too! :clap: Thought it would be something you could do with your boys maybe.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/online%20test.htm

Everything you described is sooo what I've seen and done today. I dunno if it's just more prominant to me today bc I'm overly tired or what but I do know that everyday is a battle so maybe it just doesn't get to me normally! We just all have to prod on as they say! :ninja:

Edited by Tylers-mum

Must be one of those days, for a change it is my NT son being the tornado, he's smashed his brothers glasses so he now thinks he is blind and started hitting himself, 8 nose bleeds so far :(

Must be one of those days, for a change it is my NT son being the tornado, he's smashed his brothers glasses so he now thinks he is blind and started hitting himself, 8 nose bleeds so far :(

((((HUGS)))) lil me!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

the optician reckoned Tom has colour blindness but i havent seen any evidence of it. I dont think he explained the tests clearly enough, he just said can you see a picture in these dots.

durrrr so tom said no, he could only see dots.

lord

SNAP!!! Ds has been mega hyper today, racing about, in his little sisters face, just not able to focus. He is usually awful with instructions but today has been even worse and when asked to pick things up that are right infront of him he hasn't regisitered them!! Roll on bedtime LOL!!!!

Carrie