Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Just cut T's hair!

NEVER again!!! :angry::angry::angry:

It took an hour to cut it, a simple shave was all it was! One WHOLE hour!!!! :crying: and his head an't 'that' big! LOL

He's chilling in the bath now but I have to pluck up the courage and strength to go in there and wash his hair! Ohhh, please have mercy on me! :pray:

I only did it b/.c of the fiasco we had when I took him to the hairdressers last time! Hmm, I don't think they took too lightly to the foul language, the screaming and the kicked shelf clean off the wall incidences! :whistle:

:lol: ................I,m sorry I should,nt laugh, but we had a real time of it when my ds was younger, we ended up just letting it grow at one point.He,s much better now, puts thecape on, sits hunched over in the chair scowling with a face like thunder, but thankfully no more screaming and shouting.Just looks like he sucked a lemon now when he has it done :rolleyes: .

We seem ok with hairdressers but washing hair results in such screaming that im convinced the police will be breaking down the door. Have to say son had hair cut today. He did usual of ignoring hairdressers polite chit chat as knows little about football. I laughed later as hairdresser had asked if he wanted it shorter and he didnt like to say no , so said yes even though didnt want it shorter. Looks good. Hopefully shorter so wont get the Gosh, he looks like Harry Potter comments. He liked it at first 4 years ago but now just glares and isnt sue what to say, but usually its something inappropriate

Only taken P to the hairdresser twice and what a nightmare that was. I too now do it myself now, but only once a year and I hate every minute of it. I give her plenty of warning of when I am going to do it, but its still a battle. Oh what Joy we have :fight:

:P:P i used to cut both my sons hair with clippers

but when it became apparent my 4 year old hated it so much i couldnt carry it on any more-like u said about police knocking door down lol :rolleyes:

i think my neighbours think im really wicked mum from the amount of screaming that goes on :rolleyes:

so its weird my son has actually allowed hair dresser to do it after many months of getting used to them[in fact it was so bad my chat worker who used to take him out for 2 hours a week she helped get it going by taking him there herself]

now he thinks its an outing -its a mens barbers and they r so good with them both -they get lollipops afterwards

but i do laugh to myself as u should see the hairdressers faces as they see us come in -one sons 3 other 4 and both can talk the hind leg of a donkey

they put them through there paces :lol::lol:

while i sit on sofa with the other customers going red in the face as all the place can hear every word they say :whistle::whistle:

Hi Tylers-mum,

Well done! I know what a huge task it is.

Kai hasn't had his hair cut since July an he's growing a big afro now! He says he wants it to grow like Marge Simpson's!

I keep trying to get the clippers out, but he ain't havin' it :(

I'm going to try a bribe to get him in the barbers.

Loulou x

I've always cut The Boy's hair myself - not made any attempt to get him to a hairdressers / barbers, cos I don't think they'd cope.

We've managed to come up with some different strategies which did work, but unfortunately only a coupla times, so we keep trying to come up with new ones. This is what we've tried so far:

1. Let him see daddy have his hair cut first (I only use the clippers so it's easier to do daddy's hair too - getting easier as the years go by and there is less to cut!)

2. Let him sit on daddy's knee whilst he has his hair cut

3. Let him watch a dvd whilst he has his hair cut

4. Use a brush to remove the hair as soon as it lands on him

5. Give him a noisy toy / toy he currently loves to play with whilst having hair cut.

Last time none of these strategies worked and we were back to the screaming whirling dervish, daddy holds him down whilst mummy cuts hair as quickly and best as can. I just published them here cos they may help someone else!

Next time we're going to try putting a mirror in front of him so he can watch what I am doing (and cos he seems quite fascinated with mirrors at the mo)

god why does it have to be sooo awful. I hate haircut time, Tom will only let them use the scissors and not the shaver, so it takes forever to cut it, his hair is very thick and curly. I would let it grow but it grows out like a bush! :P